Why does Dish want to move everyone to hopper?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by auburn2, Nov 29, 2020.

1. auburn2

auburn2 AllStar

Sep 8, 2005
    Every time I call Dish network they try to pressure me into an upgrade to a hopper (my current setup is two VIP 722s). They are extremely pushy about this. I have been a dish customer since 1997, why aren't they happy to just collect $120 per month?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It may have to do with why you are calling. If you are calling to complain about your receivers or ask for a discount getting you to a newer receiver (and under contract) makes sense.

It should also be noted that DISH uses the Hopper brand on all of their DVRs now ... including their 722 equivalent "Hopper Duo". The Duo has less features than the Hopper 2000, Hopper w/Sling and the flagship Hopper 3. If they are "pressuring you" to get the Hopper Duo it isn't much of an upgrade but it is jumping you forward about 10 years of DVR development and getting you on the newest interface.

3. Tiny

Tiny Mentor

Feb 1, 2009
    I was a dummy about the free upgrade I called them lol lost all my loyal dish customer rewards off my Bill plus a two year contract....my old 722 DVR was more reliable than this hopper sling I got ....