Why does the voice on NBC pause and unpause itself randomly?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cypherx, May 2, 2016.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    HR44-500 on NR

Noticed the voice on our local NBC 10 Philly over DirecTV (95 signal level) sometimes randomly will freeze and then unfreeze itself. It happens multiple times per episode every week.

I also notice lip sync battle on Spike does it occasionally as well, maybe it's just more noticeable during music.

Signals good, no weather events, pause is recreatable at the same spots in the recording.

Bad uplink? Bad genie? Bad software? 95 signal not high enough? Wife wants to get rid of DirecTV when the contract is out this fall because of it.

2. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    {
    "command": true,
    "param": true,
    "prefix": true,
    "return": {
    "data": "60",
    "response": 244,
    "value": 0
    },
    "status": {
    "code": 200,
    "commandResult": 0,
    "msg": "OK.",
    "query": "/serial/processCommand?cmd=FA90"
    }
    }

60 hex is 96 decimal. Don't think you can get much better than that.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have noticed some pauses with the genie client. Fortunately it mostly seems to happen on commercials.

4. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I'm noticing this on any channel, any program, random times. Not sure what causes it but I have a shortcut on my iphone to get the current tuned channel signal level and its always in the high 90's. The blip is recorded to so you can go back and rewatch the stutter / pause.

5. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Still noticing pauses as long as 3 full seconds on various channels (abc, NBC, fox, spike, lifetime, MTV, bravo, discovery). Almost all watching is playback from recordings. My next test is to record some of these shows on the HR24 and see if the problem exists in the same spot in the stream.