Widgets, anyone got em...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Mike Bertelson, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I haven't been able to get the "Comming Soon" message on any of my receivers.

On both my HR21-100 & the HR23-700 network services works and I get daily fortunes on both.

However, no Widgets...bummer... :(

Did I miss something in the CE forum about widgets? I've been working crazy hours lately (bow re-design) and I haven't been keeping up with my reading as much as I usually do.

Mike

2. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I vaguely remember Widgets... wasn't that a test program some time back?

Oh yeah, that was the one we didn't get an invite to Mike...:lol:

See what happens when they don't let us pros test it... just falls by the wayside :nono2:

3. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Do you have to be part of the test group to see the "Comming Soon" message?

4. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I'm not part of the test group; but there was a time when I saw "Coming Soon" on the HR23. I haven't seen that message in at least 3 CEs.

I miss it.....:(

5. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
  6. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    I had it on my HR21-100 but only the "Coming Soon"(I'm not in the test group). Even when we had the pre-production units, I still was able to the "Coming Soon" on my HR21.

I've never seen it on my HR23.

We had some issues a while back having to re-configure the Network Services and since then I can't remember seeing the "Coming Soon" wigdet dock.

He seems to be saying that there's no news.

Does anyone know what the backdoor mechanism Doug mentions? :scratchin

Mike

7. MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    I lost the Widgets coming soon last CE, no such screen this CE either. Same with my HR 20-700.

I too would have loved to test them. I hope they let CE'ers test them at some point.

8. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    Mike,

my best guess is that considering i get the "BONK" sound when i hit the right arrow button i think they might have disabled the widget feature in preparation for a NR. i'm sure when this hits NR and we start a new CE it will be back with a "coming soon" message.