1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Bush be impeached

Discussion in 'The OT' started by tomcrown1, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 8, 2006 #1 of 33
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
  2. Feb 8, 2006 #2 of 33
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Its congress that impeaches!! The dem's have to win this fall!! But they didnt have the guts to stop Alito so i seriously doubt they will Impeach Bush

3. Feb 8, 2006 #3 of 33
    ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Not unless he lies before a Grand Jury, sell secrets to China, rents out the Lincoln bedroom, or gets sexual favors from 22 year old interns in the oval office.

4. Feb 8, 2006 #4 of 33
    billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    With the wars moving into the 300 Billion dollar neighborhood, more deficit spending on the way and secret spying on American citizens I sure am glad there aren't any interns in the Oval.

5. Feb 8, 2006 #5 of 33
    Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    We have been through that whole impeachment nightmare twice in my lifetime. I have no desire to see it again. But Juan's comment is basically correct it can't happen while republicans control the Congress.

6. Feb 8, 2006 #6 of 33
    Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Very true Geronimo,, but wouldnt it be an eye opener if more cities followed suit.

7. Feb 8, 2006 #7 of 33
    Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    San Francisco... Santa Cruz.

I live smack dab between these two places.

This is not news.

8. Feb 8, 2006 #8 of 33
    Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    If Clinton got impeached over the stupid things that didn't even matter to our country's well being, then I'd say Bush should be impeached also!

9. Feb 8, 2006 #9 of 33
    ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Unless you live smack dab between those places it might be news.:) How important? Well ,that's up to the reader to decide.

10. juan ellitinez

Jan 31, 2003
    Lieing to grandjury would get a "every day joe" citizen a nice stiff jail sentence. Clinton's crime was that he thought he was above the law that ordinary cirizen have to follow

11. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    Dude. Santa Cruz and San Francisco.

They should be considered zoos, in a sense. Places which people can look into and see what happens when people don't stop taking drugs.

12. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004

You are a little too myopic and confused. THe president doesn't spend 1 dollar. Not one. Only the congress spends money, and the votes for war spending have been largly bi-partisan. Deficit spending is always going on, and most of it is wasted on liberal causes, again congress spends the money. And there hasn't been any secret spying on American citizens. There have been reported to congress wire taps on Al Qaeda terrorists who have called terrorist contacts in America. See when you lie, its easy to try to make your points, but when the truth is exposed it falls like a house of cards. Stick to reality if you want to sound intelligent. But perhaps you would like another 9/11 which was planned during Clinton's absentee landlord presidency.

13. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    Is that right?
    The congress and the White House are controlled by Republicans and Bush has yet to veto ANYTHING. You really ought to take a look at the current leadership- it's all GOP.

You don't know that, there's no WAY you can know that.

First of all, like most people, I don't want another 9/11- that sort of talk is just utter crap put out by people who don't like someone else's opinion. You have no business suggesting I might want thousands of innocent Americans killed. And finally, I couldn't care less if I sound intelligent to 'you'-- your posts suggest someone who's more interested in heat than substance.

14. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    All wing nuts stop it with blaming Clinton he is gone take responsiblty for your action. I know it is Clinton fault if let say texas get hit with the plague because he etc. How do you know when Al Quida planned their attack on America?? Did the wing nuts plan it because they wanted to invade Iraq--read PENAC it stated America needed a new Peral Harbor in order to invade the middle east. (personal I think Bush had nothing to do with 911 nor do I think it is smart to blame clinton)

15. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    Now, how did that happen? I think it's because the citizens of the United States elected those Republicans. And have been for years! If the Republicans are so damn evil, how do they keep in the majority? If they are so damn evil, you Dems have a chance to take control of The House of Reps, and the Senate this fall. But I wouldn't hold your breath. Even as evil as the Republicans are, I don't see them losing control over either.
    Tom in TX

16. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004

And there is no way you can know that there has been. There is no way you can know maybe that Clinton DID THE EXACT SAME THING.

But you were saying it was the president, not the congress, so now you are changing your tune. Maybe we should impeach congress then? We can, its called voting. We'll see how it goes in November. Just don't change your argument when it is pointed out that you are misguided.

17. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003

I've never called the Republicans evil. I was responding to another poster about who's controlling congress now- how do you suddenly come to the conclusion that I had a problem with the fact that Republicans are getting elected?
    I'm also not a Democrat as you suggest.
    Where are you getting your information about me?
    Whatever your source, it's wrong.

18. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003

I'm sorry, I can't follow your logic here.
    I said it was the President who allowed the domestic wiretapping.
    I was referring to a Republican congress spending money and the President allowing it by not vetoing any of the bills they passed. That was in response to your statement about the President not spending money- which of course is true and never in dispute.
    What argument am I allegedly changing?

19. juan ellitinez

Jan 31, 2003
    speaking of domestic wire tapping..Can anyone say NEWT GINGRIGH?

20. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    You accused the Oval Office of "secret spying". Do you have direct proof of this? In your own words, "You don't know that, there's no WAY you can know that."
    I assumed you thought the Republicans were evil, since they are secretly spying on Americans. If you don't think they are evil, I was wrong.

The only place I get my information about you is from your posts. If I misrepresented you in any way, I apologize. You sounded like a Democrat, and if I offended you by assuming you are, I apologize.
    Tom in TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.