1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Directv ever carry HBO Comedy?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Sea bass, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea bass

Sea bass Icon

Jun 9, 2005
    A friend of mine has Dish net. I noticed a lot of different movie channels that DTV does not offer like HBO comedy, thats one that sticks out. Also more stars and Showtime channels. If it wasn't for Sunday ticket, I think I would switch. :(

2. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    HBO Comedy shows alot of the same movies that the other HBOs do. The only difference is that HBO Comedy just shows alot of reruns of Curb your Enthusiasm, Da Ali G Show, and old comedy specials. Personally, I'd rather have HBO Zone, because they show alot of uncensored music videos between movies and shows. It wouldn't be worth the switch to Dish Network because HBO costs almost 2 dollars more a month with Dish Network, it costs 13.99 a month.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/movies/index.shtml

3. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    well

drop that west coast feed of hbo family and replace it with hbo ZONE

i remember when i had digtial cable i had 2 feeds of hbo zone then hbo latino had to come along and take away one of the feeds :nono2:

4. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    That's a good idea, because who needs two feeds of HBO family, and why doesn't Directv use the channel 510 slot for HBO Zone, but if they do that I hope they don't higher the price of HBO like Dish Network did when they added HBO Comedy and HBO Latino.

5. esteg

esteg AllStar

Aug 27, 2003
    Dropped DTV when NFLST started blackouts and never looked back!

6. teknophyle

teknophyle Mentor

Oct 11, 2004

I talked with the rentention department this afternoon when I hooked up my new DVR and they told me that the only new channels that the will be adding is HDTV. Standard will not receive any further channels this calendar year as they are more consentrating on HDTV and Sports.

7. teknophyle

teknophyle Mentor

Oct 11, 2004

I talked with the rentention department this afternoon when I hooked up my new DVR and they told me that the only new channels that they will be adding is HDTV. Standard will not receive any further channels this calendar year as they are more consentrating on HDTV and Sports.

8. shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    I would think they would add a few since all the HD will require new receivers.... This would open up space for SD channels.... If they don't add some SD channels, they can't justify a rate increase next year......

9. deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004
    They why are you looking here?

10. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Regarding East and West Coast feeds, it seems that all movie channels could drop the West coast on their lower tier channels. I can see why you'd want a West coast feed on the main HBO, Starz, etc. channels especially on movie debut nights (nobody in California wants a new movie to begin at 5pm).

With lower tier channels, since they show reruns so often anyway, why not mix up the movie times throughout the day so every time zone has options to view it when they'd like? Then you could free up bandwidth for other channels. I don't know if it's that simple, but it sounds very feasible to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.