Will DTV Add More Local Markets To Their APP?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by CraigerM, Mar 28, 2017.

1. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I think their streaming APP is cool. I was wondering when they will add more local markets to it? Thanks.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I believe that is something they negotiate with each station as the contract ends.
    Some still hold out on letting them do that.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    And some dont even have any streaming feeds...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    If you have a HR44 or later you can use it to stream any channel it receives, even ones that don't have a streaming agreement, as long as it has an internet connection.

5. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I have the HR-44 and couldn't stream the locals on an Android tablet I tried. I returned the tablet.

6. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I agree with Rad. Any local with a streaming agreement comes through just like the other streaming channels. If the channel does not have a streaming agrement, it's available via the Remote DVR function.

7. bobcnn

bobcnn Mentor

Nov 10, 2007
    Atlanta &...
    Something I have noticed when streaming locals on the apps, that during the early morning shows (Today, GMA, etc) and during prime time, the version of the network programing I get is from the O&O's in New York City. Then for example at 11pm at the start of the local late news, the signal switches back to the local.

8. steveymacjr

steveymacjr Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Did you set up the MobileDVR first? You have to register the App on the tablet/phone before you can stream live using the MobileDVR service. (When you are at home on wifi, you have to select "Playlist" on the app, and it'll walk you through the registration process)

ejbvt likes this.
  9. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I have had no problem getting my locals to load with my Android phone, and I am in an area with two different sets of locals. The only issue I have had was getting anything above Shorts HD to show. None of the sports channels or RSNs were available but that is no longer the case. I registered it as steve said when it became available.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017