Will HBO become a standard part of all future DTV packages?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by NashGuy, Mar 11, 2019.

1. NashGuy

NashGuy Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Reportedly starting tomorrow, the channel packages for DirecTV Now (AT&T's lower priced skinny bundle streaming service) will be completely revamped. Only two packages will remain, and both of them will include HBO as a non-optional part of the channel line-up.

If AT&T is choosing to distribute HBO as a mandatory part of their least expensive, skinniest channel line-ups, why wouldn't they also do that with their fuller, more expensive channel packages on the main DirecTV service? Based on comments last year from AT&T's CEO, I expect there to be at least a modest restructuring of DTV's channel packages this year (with existing customers grandfathered into their current packages so long as they choose to keep them). It seems very plausible to me that the new packages will all include HBO as part of the baseline price, along with all of AT&T's other cable channels (CNN, TBS, TNT, etc.) too, of course.

Thoughts?

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    At the very least the price of HBO should be the same or less then the price of HBO NOW.

Khaetra likes this.
  3. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Reported by whom?

Link please.

4. NashGuy

NashGuy Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Nashville, TN
  5. Marvin

Marvin Godfather

Sep 13, 2003
    I already get HBO for free as a part of the deal for having an unlimited wireless plan through att plus a monthly directv bill credit but I dont have directv now