1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will parental controls 'hide' mature content from whole home playlist?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by f300v10, Sep 20, 2013.

1. f300v10

f300v10 Legend

Feb 11, 2005
    I'm sure this has been asked/answered elsewhere but a search did not turn up a quick answer. I recently converted to the whole home Gienie set up, and lost a dvr that was dedicated to me in the process. So now I have no where to record shows inteded for my eyes only (Dexter, Californication, Shameless) except for the Gienie. Is there a way to use the parental controls such that those shows don't show up in the playlist?

I am already using the parental controls to limit the time the kids can watch the TV. Does unlocking the time limit have any impact on unlocking content?

Thanks for any answers.

2. DB Stalker

DB Stalker New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Tooele, UT
    I'm sure this has been asked/answered elsewhere but a search did not turn up a quick answer. I recently converted to the whole home Gienie set up, and lost a dvr that was dedicated to me in the process. So now I have no where to record shows inteded for my eyes only (Dexter, Californication, Shameless) except for the Gienie. Is there a way to use the parental controls such that those shows don't show up in the playlist?

I am already using the parental controls to limit the time the kids can watch the TV. Does unlocking the time limit have any impact on unlocking content?

Thanks for any answers.
    if the DVR is usable during the hours of 4-8 pm for example, the rest of the parental controls will still be in effect during that time. There isn't a way to hide shows like Dexter though since it isn't "adult programming".

3. f300v10

f300v10 Legend

Feb 11, 2005
    Thanks guys I will give it a try. I want to record the new Showtime series 'Masters of Sex', but don't really want the kids to see that on the Genie playlist.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have some recorded on my HR24 in the bedroom and do not have parental controls set. I will go do that and see what it does to the movies I have recorded.
    I will post back in a few minutes.

OK, they were movies rated TV-MA. I changed it to Block for that rating. The movies I had recorded changed immediately to Title Blocked.
    When I called up my list they all say Title Blocked.
    If I try to play one it asks me for my parental pin number to unlock it.

To get rid of the adult torch in search choose to hide adult channels in Parental Control..