Will there be a contest for Big Brother???

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by shy007, Apr 15, 2003.

1. shy007

shy007 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2003
    I enjoyed Big Brother last year. Are we doing anything on this show. I know it is hard to do something on this show because it is 24 hours of coverage and it is basically live. Most of us know who is gonna get kicked off before they show it. But hey thought I would ask.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    At this point in time, I'm not planning on it. The show format being live 24/7 like you said doesn't lend itself well to a formal contest. Of course, I'm always willing to listen to suggestions. :)

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    With the possibility of a Amazing Race being aired this summer, I may do a contest based on that show.

4. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    The Amazing Race rocks. They already have the whole series in the can, I'll be upset if they don't announce something soon.

5. Jason

Jason Legend

Aug 8, 2002
    I would really like to see a contest for Big Brother 4! That is my favorite reality show. It would be quite simple to implement a contest similar to the Survivor one. Each week you could ask who wins the Head of Household, who gets booted from the house, and how many votes the booted person gets. You could also come up with a bonus question very easily.

6. timf

timf Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 21, 2002
    The problem with Big Brother, like Mark said, is it runs live 24/7. Apart from the live show, it would be difficult to judge the closing time of the polls. There are people constantly monitoring the live feeds and posting what goes on, so the results of any challenges are available as soon as they are done being filmed. Since the times of these challenges vary, voting far in advance would be the only way to preserve the integrity of the contest.