1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Media Center eHome Remote Manual?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by SayWhat?, Dec 25, 2010.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    A while back I got a Gateway Desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium. Included was an eHome remote with a USB interface and iR blaster. For some reason, I never hooked it up until this morning. There was no manual or booklet of any kind with it and I can't find anything on-line to match the device I have. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms or whatever.

Anybody have a link that tells me what buttons are supposed to do what? Some are self-explanatory, but some don't seem to do anything at all. Others do unexpected things (power button puts PC into Stand By mode).

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Maybe it thinks your PC is a DirecTV receiver... :)

- Merg

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Well, that's a start, but mine varies quite a bit from that one. Many of the buttons are different.

The remote received with the computer may vary from the example shown here.

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    While there have been many different styles of WMC remotes, they all do pretty much the same thing, and have the same buttons.

The power button on the remote works however you have your PC set under "Power Settings". It's just like pressing the power button on the PC itself.

Can you do a Google Images search and find your remote, or post which buttons confuse you?