1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Joey

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by samangogo, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:33 AM.

1. samangogo

samangogo New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    I'm a snowbird in Florida that wants to put tv in screen room where there is no cable for tv. What's my best option? Don't want to pay $7 a month for joey when I'm up north for summer.

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    When you say snowbird I assume you have a rental home so you are probably prohibited from running cables. That leaves an owned Hopper receiver and an owned wireless Joey. Owned receivers can be turned off when not being used. Leased receivers have to be returned if you want to stop service.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I use a Fire Stick to move from TV to TV around the house, works off of Dish Anywhere.

Interface is very different but after purchase there is no additional cost.

BTY - Best Buy has the Fire Stick on special for Black Friday @ $24.95 ish.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The Hopper is still needed even with the Fire Stick isn't it?

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Hopper or a ViP722 with the DA adapter, whatever will Sling the signal into the web with Dish Anywhere.

6. samangogo

samangogo New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    I own this home in Fl. I lease the receiver in living rm and joey in master bed. I don't have wi-fi.
    I take this equipment with me up north in summer.
    So your saying that if I buy a wireless joey I can turn it off for summer and no fee.

7. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    If you own the equipment you can turn it off without having to return it.

8. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    yep you own it

9. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    LOL you don't want to pay $ 7.00 a month for a joey but yet you want a wireless joey. along with the $ 7.00 a month extra do you know how much you'll be forking out for the wireless joey oh and BTW you'll also need an access point to:rolleyes:

DISH Wireless Joey Whole Home HD-DVR Client (ESWLESSJOEY) from Solid Signal

DISH Network Wireless Access Point (ES202007) from Solid Signal
    :rolleyes:

10. samangogo

samangogo New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    When I talked to dish they didn't mention access point only that I needed a wireless joey?
    I asked if this was all I needed to make tv work and they said yes.
    I will call them this morning to find out whats up

11. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Creates its own wireless network that does not impact the performance of a home network. ... The Wireless Joey Access Point connects via Ethernet cable to a Hopper receiver model or Hopper Internet Connector. Do not connect a Wireless Joey Access Point directly to a home-network router!!!