1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless mouse suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Jan 22, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I have a Logitech G7, and love it. I like that when the battery goes low, I can swap out for the spare that's in the receiver, and recharge the dead one.

It's getting old, and the batteries aren't holding a charge, so I think it's time to replace it. I'm a bit dubious about the replacement OEM batteries online.

Any suggestions? While I don't use that system as much as I used to, I don't want to get stuck with a dead battery, but don't want to have to put trips in it either.

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I like their cordless trackball.

Fits in a fairly small space. No need to move it around like a regular mouse. Buttons are configurable.

3. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    like my m510.. 2aa batteries last for year+..
    solid feel to buttons too..

4. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I like the two members of the Logitech MX line. The darkfield technology works great.

Peace,
    Tom

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I use the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse. I love the form factor fit for my hand. I believe it's one of the darkfield mice.

6. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Excellent choice, one of Logitech's darkfield mice. Two very good, less expensive mice would be the M310 (which has a tiny nano receiver that plugs into USB port), I have one and it's an inexpensive delight to use. It also has an on/off switch.
    The other would be the M510, which is designed with tablets in mind. All three are laser mice and have extended battery life. The Anywhere MX and M510 mice use a "Unifying receiver", tiny like the M310 nano receiver, but having the capability of being simultaneously .used with other devices, such as keyboards.

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    +1

I also have a 505 and it and the 510 batteries last 16 to 18 months for me.
    I have both mine programmed so that when you press the side of the wheel that it will go back or forward. Saves a lot of moving the mouse.

8. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    I set the 2 extra buttons on the side of the 510 for back and f5 (refresh).. saves movement on forums..