Wireless Video Bridge capped connection

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by tnyalex, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tnyalex

tnyalex New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Minnesota
    Can a GEN-3 DECA (DCAU1R0-01) be connected into the normally capped WVB coax connector ?
    I wonder if it is possible because I recall seeing a diagram with an older DECA connected to it and to a receiver.

2. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
    Yes, you can....

3. tnyalex

tnyalex New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Minnesota
    That will save me a splitter ! Thank you.

4. tnyalex

tnyalex New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Minnesota
    You seem to know the stuff... Do you know what for is the Ethernet port on the WVB ?

5. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
    It's not active at this time.... They put it in there for future use but I doubt they will ever use it now that the Genie 2 is out with a built in WVB...

6. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    The HS17 having wireless built in doesn't obsolete the WVB. What if you have a big house, lathe and plaster walls, metal studs, or something else that limits the reach of wireless? You're going to need one or more WVBs to cover the house.

7. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
    For most instances , the WVB will not be needed in a normal size house with the HS17.... ie most people won't need another WVB.... in rare cases yes

8. tnyalex

tnyalex New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Minnesota
    I have had the HR44 connected via WIFI until now. I have just finished installing a DECA on the WVB coax port and connected it to the router. After an settings internet reset on the HR44, it shows now as "Ethernet connected". So easy!

Now I have another question... what does the settings "optimize network" do ?

9. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
    The genie optimizes the play back and streaming settings depending on your internet speed.... It should do this automatically