Wireless video bridge connection was good for two years-all of a sudden its not?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Swamp_Yankee, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Swamp_Yankee

Swamp_Yankee New Member

Jun 10, 2019
    When I originally got DirecTV we put the Genie and WVB in our master bedroom because that was the shortest run of coax from the dish which is almost directly above. The WVB feeds two other TVs, one in the kids' playroom (directly below on the first floor) and the living room, which is on the 1st floor clear on the other side of the house. The tech at the time mentioned that the signal was weak, but it worked fine. I don't have a particularly large house either-2600SF. For two years we had no issues whatsoever, but now the living room TV just flashes "Connecting..." continuously. If I move the Genie Mini around it will go from solid red to flashes of green briefly, but that's it. I tried resetting both the Genie and the Mini multiple times to no avail. Nothing has been moved or changed, I haven't constructed any lead-lined walls between the bedroom and the living room, etc... I suppose I could try a longer HDMI cable to see if I can get it close enough to the Genie to get a signal, but I'm wondering if the Mini itself went bad?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I can not help you with this,
    but, the people that can will need the model numbers of the WVB, the Genie and the Minis.

3. Swamp_Yankee

Swamp_Yankee New Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Well, mystery solved. I swapped the playroom TV Mini for the living room and the living room TV is now working-connection seems to be fine. Playroom TV now has the endless "Connecting..." message flashing. I guess these things just go bad over time. Can't wait to get on the horn to India to order a new one... :rolleyes:

Rich likes this.
  4. doctor j

doctor j Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2006
    Birmingham, Al.
    Just to try before CSR roulette, completely reset the Mini.

Hold the Red Button on the mini in for 20 to 30 secs before releasing. May need to do it 2 or 3 times.
    This will factory reset and allow you to try and re-pair with the WVB.
    Reset the Genie and the WVB as well and see if the mini will connect again

Doctor j