1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by zudy, Oct 31, 2009.

1. zudy

zudy Legend

Jul 22, 2009
    I have 4 DVR's 2 are hardwired for onDamand and 2 are not. What would the best wireless adaptor to use to hook them up?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  3. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
  4. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Unless you have a burning need to network the STB's now you might want to think about waiting until DirecTV releases the DECA adapters.

5. schnurmac

schnurmac New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I know this is wrong thread but the one I need is closed. Also I cant pm untill i have 5 post. Spanky I need help with HR21 and eyeconnect.
    I need some help. I can see the HR21 on my mac running eyeconnect. Where does my server and files show on the HR21? My set up is as follows. Net to cable modem-Linksys BEFSR41 wired to HR21 ( out to HDDVD) wired to
    |
    PS3
    |
    PS2
    |
    Airport Express (bridge mode)
    Wireless
    |
    iMac G5 PC (Leopard 10.5)
    |
    MacBook Intel ( Snow Leopard 10.6.1)

I can get eyeconnect to see the HR21 on my G5 and that is it. Nothing on the macbook. Trie medialink that worked great on the G5 for PS3 when I set it to wireless wont do it in wired mode. Please help. I have logmein. I can give you when you respond. Thanks.

6. schnurmac

schnurmac New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I need some help. I can see the HR21 on my mac running eyeconnect. Where does my server and files show on the HR21? My set up is as follows. Net to cable modem-Linksys BEFSR41 wired to HR21 ( out to HDDVD) wired to
    |
    PS3
    |
    PS2
    |
    Airport Express (bridge mode)
    Wireless
    |
    iMac G5 PC (Leopard 10.5)
    |
    MacBook Intel ( Snow Leopard 10.6.1)

I can get eyeconnect to see the HR21 on my G5 and that is it. Nothing on the macbook. Trie medialink that worked great on the G5 for PS3 when I set it to wireless wont do it in wired mode. Please help. I have logmein. I can give you when you respond. Thanks.

7. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    If you see the HR21 in EyeConnect, and have EyeConnect configured (under Content) to point to folders containing music, pictures or videos, then on your HR21 menu you should see a Music, Photos & More entry. When you select this, there will be a single option, My Computers. Selecting this should show your mac and selecting that will give you entries for the various media types. There may be further menu levels, depending on the media chosen.

8. how111now

how111now New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Glad I joined this forum....lots of info

9. w3syt

w3syt Legend

Feb 17, 2006
    If you opt for this, DO NOT follow instructions and run the included disk. Go directly to your HR on screen setup.