1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish List News, 2/4/09

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Steve, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Feb 4, 2009 #1 of 13
    Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Thanks to the 1077 voters who have so far taken the time to let DirecTV know how they value the current Wish List requests!

I'm happy to report that two more of our requests have been recently addressed by DirecTV:

• Display LONG CHANNEL NAMES in the CHANNELS I GET or CUSTOM channel set-up lists.
    • Ability to remotely control more than two HR20/21's in the same room via IR.

The following requests have been recently added:

• Ability to archive selected recordings.
    • Option to display CID information on networked STB's.
    • Ability to schedule when VOD's should download.
    • Ability to simultaneously record 2 SAT channels and at least 1 OTA channel.
    For those that haven't reviewed their survey choices in a while, please do so here. New requests added since your last visit will be highlighted in BLUE, so it should only take a minute for you to weigh-in on them.

WHAT'S HOT! Here are the currently "top scoring" requests:

• Show more GUIDE channels and hours per screen.
    • Allow editing of the "CHANNELS I GET" list, similar to the way the OFF-AIR channel list is editable.
    • Show the highlighted program's description in the "To Do List" and "History", instead of a static message.
    • Display only the channels that are in your current subscription package in SEARCH results.
    • Up to FFX3, automatically switch to PLAY at the end of a commercial block.
    • Recording HISTORY should always display the correct reason a show was "Canceled", "Deleted", or "Not Recorded".
    • Web access to HR2x features, including SETUP, SEARCH, FILE, PLAYLIST and RECORDING MANAGEMENT.
    • The PROGRESS BAR should clear immediately when hitting PLAY to exit from a CRUISE CONTROL function, or after the last ADVANCE.
    • Undelete, or the ability to allow user acccess to a "recycle bin" to restore a recording.
    • When "First Run/Repeat" status is unknown, use a program's "Original Air Date" to calculate it.

WHAT'S NOT! The lowest scoring items (lowest last):

• Ability to "power off" or "shutdown" via a menu option.
    • Ability to add padding to a currently recorded show with a single button.
    • Watch programs remotely over the Internet - like a Slingbox, but without the extra hardware.
    • Ability to manually tune to an available over-the-air channel not in the GUIDE.
    • RECENT SEARCH capabilities as follows: Permit saved SEARCH editing; Restore Mark & Delete; Optionally display a "match count" for each SEARCH; Offer an "Episodes List" containing all RECENT SEARCH hits.
    • A new GUIDE filter that only displays channels currently on the TO DO LIST.
    • "Digital Living Network Alliance" certification of features intended to interoperate with other DLNA-compliant products.
    • Light amber LED for 1 recording and red LED for 2 recordings.

NOTE: Only a few of the current Wish List requests are listed above. You may view and vote on the entire list of 80 suggestions here. TIA. /steve

2. Feb 4, 2009 #2 of 13
    Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Thank's for the work you do on the Wish List. :)

Mike

3. Feb 4, 2009 #3 of 13
    hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks Steve!

Very nice work (and surely alot of work)...but this is most helpful to us on our end, as well as on the DirecTV side, I'm sure.

4. Feb 4, 2009 #4 of 13
    Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Thanks, guys. Appreciate it. And let's not forget one of our intrepid moderators, Doug Brott, who founded the list back in 2006. For those that are not aware, he also programmed, maintains and hosts the voting/list application at wishlistsurvey.com! /steve

5. Feb 4, 2009 #5 of 13
    RandCfilm

RandCfilm Godfather

Aug 17, 2006
    Don't know if this would be an option. I use YAC for my TiVo units, the caller ID information is captured by the PC and then transmitted over the LAN to the TiVo to display on screen. Eliminating running a telephone line to the receiver.

Also, thanks for all the time and effort you put in to the Wish List.

6. Feb 4, 2009 #6 of 13
    dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Nice Steve,
    good work

7. Feb 5, 2009 #7 of 13
    Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Thanks Steve for your efforts on behalf of The Wish List particularly about Ability to Archive selected recordings.

8. Feb 5, 2009 #8 of 13
    Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Thanks again for all the "attaboys". :)

For those that haven't yet voted, thanks to Doug, registration is quick and painless, so don't be put off by the requirement. Registration allows us to show you how you've voted in the past and what's been added since your last visit. It also helps insure that one individual isn't voting hundreds of times for the same request. :)

And for who haven't visited the Wish List in a while, please take a moment to update your surveys. New requests will be highlighted in blue, so it should literally take you just a minute or two to find them and weigh-in.

Thanks! /steve

9. Feb 5, 2009 #9 of 13
    Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

Yea but always remember no matter how many attaboys you get.It only takes one awcrapboy to wipe the slate clean.;):D

Good Job Steve.:goodjob:

10. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Steve: Energy save mode should be deleted as DirecTV DVRs are Energy Star certified.

11. msmith

msmith Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    The newer ones, anyway.

12. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I know this as well from firsthand experience...:D

13. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Tell me about it! Especially here in NY... you're only as good as the last game you pitched. :lol:

Awesome. Was not aware of that! I'm happy to move another request over to the "completed" column.

Sounds like this has to do with h/w, and not s/w? If so, do we know which models specifically? TIA. /steve