1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WLAN Driver

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by AntAltMike, Sep 21, 2010.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I acquired a USB WiFi stick with no software. It says WLAN 802 11g USB Adapter on it. When I plug it into my laptop, it says that it has found a new device but can't find the software for it.

I Googled "WLAN 802 11g USB Adapter" and it pulled up lots of websites that say they will give me what I need to support this device for free, but I know there is no such thing as a free lunch, and the two sites I tried led me on journeys that gave me the opportunity to download their whole smorgasboard of programs, which I don't want to do.

Can I get what I need to support this device from Microsoft or from someone who will not try to give me the farm?

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Try posting a high-res pic of the device, both sides. We can probably track it down.

Or, you could "acquire" a new stick for about $30 that will come with drivers...

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If nothing else, the FCC ID may point us in the right direction at least to the manufacturer.