Wmm poll take 2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Wireless Networking (private)' started by leww37334, Sep 28, 2009.

WMM SETTING

1. WMM unchanged or set to BACKGROUND

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. WMM set to VIDEO, MRV not acceptable

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. WMM set to VIDEO, MRV acceptable

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leww37334

leww37334 Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2005
    OK I will try again.

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I didn't even consider this setting as I thought since there is only one source to and from the WET (my HR22) what would it have to prioritize? My main problem has been keeping the WET connected to my N network.

I think that I'll play around with this and see what kind of difference it makes. It may be the optimist in me, but maybe it could help the connection issues some of us are having. :grin:

3. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    I changed the setting from Background to Video and do not see much difference. I still get poor performance. Initially I couldn't see the playlist for the HR20-700 on the 610, even after rerunning the network advanced setup. Rebooting the 610 established the playlist on the other receivers. If I started a playback and didn't use any trickplay, it would play until I used the remote. It is even more sensitive to trickplay than it was when it was Background. I not only got "Unable to access media", but also "We're unable to access <Receiver Name>. Check your network and try again." I'm using a Linksys WRT350N router. Think I'll set it back to Background.

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I haven't even looked at the settings of the WET610. I connected it to the HR23 and ran with it so I guess I'll vote "unchanged". :grin:

I haven't even connected it to a computer yet; only the receiver.

I figure the typical sub wouldn't do anything to the router after the tech installs it so neither will I. Now when the field trial is over, I might tweek a couple of things. ;)

Mike

5. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I didn't vote...I hooked it to my HR20-700 and there isn't a setting to change it via the STB (IRD or DVR, your preference).

6. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Unless you configure your adapter by plugging it into your router, you can't change the default settings and are limited to what the DIRECTV receiver will permit when the adapter is hooked up to it. In that light, I've made no changes - it's still on out-of-the-box firmware and everything else is the default.

I've seen maybe just a little more pixelation on video I watched over MRV using the adapter than I've seen using wired, but it's very close.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I too have never hooked my WET up to my router, only an HR.

8. Huskie_2009

Huskie_2009 Icon

Jan 12, 2009
    I'll repeat what I said here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2195927#post2195927

You can not set WMM to a setting. You can only change different settings depending on what type of WMM is being used. The receiver is the one that assembles these packets into something WMM can use.

Again, you are wasting your time changing your pulldown selection as that is not used to select the WMM to use, only which WMM type you want to change.

9. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    In other words, it doesn't matter!

10. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.