1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wonders of the Universe with Prof Cox

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Davenlr, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Just a heads up for those fans of "Wonders of the Solar System" with Professor Brian Cox.
    His latest series, "Wonders of the Universe" which has been airing in the UK is finally coming to the US starting July 27th on the Science Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jliqgBpCC7A&feature=channel_video_title

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Looks interestimg, thanks for the heads up.

3. je4755

je4755 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    With, I trust, many minutes cut from the BBC’s domestic version due to insertion of commercials.

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Wont know until it shows up in the guide. The original 1st episode which I watched was 59:02 when it was posted on youtube before the BBC had it removed for copyright infringement. Maybe they will give it an hour and a half.

5. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Wonders of the Solar System was on the Science Channel last year. I hadn't heard of Prof. Cox or the series before but I stumbled onto it one night and it was great. I recorded all of the episodes - maybe half a dozen of them were shown.

I'll certainly watch this new series, too.

In a similar vein, Morgan Freeman's series, Through The Wormhole, is broadcasting its second season right now. More speculative than Wonders of the Solar System, Freeman's series is equally thought provoking.

6. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Wonders of the Solar System was on Sci last year. This is the new series Universe. It hasnt been on in the US yet.
    Im DVRing Wormhole as well. Love Morgan's take.

If you want to keep up with what he is doing, between partying and working at the SuperCollider, here is his facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/ProfessorBrianCox

7. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Through the Wormhole is one of the most fascinating and thought provoking shows I have ever seen.

I watched Wonders of the Solar System and it was okay, but not nearly as intriguing, and Prof. Cox kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Still I might give this new show a shot. How many episodes are there?

8. je4755

je4755 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    Believe there will be four episodes. Also, if memory serves, Science Channel presentations of Wonders of the Solar System each lasted an hour and, therefore, were truncated versions of programs earlier shown to British audiences without commercial interruption.