Wonky receiver question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CeeWoo, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 8, 2017 #1 of 11
    CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    A couple times this week, my ancient 211k has needed to have a hard reset (unplug then plug back in) in order to get it to work. I don't have the protection plan. Anyone have info about the current plan available? Just trying to figure out if it's worth buying
    Thanks!

2. Sep 9, 2017 #2 of 11
    RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Contact DISH Tech Support and see what they have to offer. Mine failed completely and needed to be replaced, I was offered an owned replacement for $50 that came with a 1 year warranty. I was also offered an upgrade to a Wally for $50 but by the time options were added to make Wally equivalent to a 211K it was over $100.

3. Sep 9, 2017 #3 of 11
    satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    I've had trouble with the 211k since it was installed two years ago. Yes, I've called and filed a complaint which got me a replacement. The replacement is a little better, but not by much. The first would barely respond to the remote, and I tried everything, NADA. the second responds a little better BUT, It does something my 222k Never does. EVER. Sometimes when I go to change channels, It LAGS, for several minutes, stops, shuts itself down [ as in black screen, and OFF.] Like it's totally confused. It then turns itself back on, and has to "acquire" signal that takes forever. Then download guide.
    Just did this again the other day when I tried to exit the "interactive weather channel."
    My 222k has zero issues.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Do you have a HDD attached to the 211K? oops

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    HD TV or HDD ?

6. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    ^ ^ ... wow you are still here, lol :D

7. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Yes, I've had a Hard drive connected...but after the problem began, I disconnected it and the problem still exists.
    Today was worse than previous. Took several resets to get it to work

8. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    totally dead today...I just called and walked thru 'troubleshooting' (they decided it won't power up LOL)
    Replacement on the way & should be here in 2 to 4 business days. Only charging me shipping of $15, so I'm happy :)

9. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Almost exactly 48 hrs after phoning I have my new (remanufactured) receiver up and running. It's been a lot of years since I activated a receiver and must admit, it's a whole lot easier now than it was in the 'good ol days'

Didn't even have to talk to a CS Rep...just setup using the remote, and a quick phone in and used the #1 button on the phone a couple times and it's all done

Return going out today :)

crodrules likes this.
  10. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...

Sorry for the delay, the answer is NO.

11. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Good for you!

Only difference here, I would not have dealt with that problem as long as you did.

If you jumped through all the hoops to get it to work properly and that failed, time for a replacement!

In my case, this is the second receiver with a different issue, and I'm irritated. I'll call dish when my 211k gets "confused" again and see what can be done, as long as I don't get charged for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.