1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Commercial - Dish "Hoppah" or DirecTV Beyonce

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Herdfan, Apr 19, 2012.

Which Commercial do you think is worse? Which wants to make you change the channel?

1. DirecTV Beyonce Upgrade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dish "Hoppah"

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I am now as tired of the "Hoppah" commercial as I was of the Beyonce Upgrade commercial. Both are horrible. So just for fun, which one do you think is worse?

Beyonce Upgrade:

[YOUTUBE]1Jubz1Ini-o[/YOUTUBE]

Dish Hoppah:

[YOUTUBE]Fq_hOx8E2uo[/YOUTUBE]

2. jdskycaster

jdskycaster Legend

Sep 1, 2008
    I have a hoppah so I do not watch advertisements. Never saw the beyonce ad before this posting and it is terrible. The hoppah ad is at least funny.

3. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Just about any commercial Dish has done in recent years is crap (I put them right down there with Geico's new taste test line). Don't get me wrong, DirecTV has their fair share of stinkers as well but not nearly as annoying what Dish tends to put out.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Nothing beats Mini Giraffe or Waking Up In A Roadside Ditch.

At least Beyonce is hot. I hate everything about Boston...Sox, Celtics, Pats, Bruins...the accent makes it worse.

5. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    Being from southeast New England the Hoppah ad cracks me up and allows me to show my WI friends how we/they talk. Having said that in general the accent annoys me. The Beyonce ad is just dumb, much prefer the don't get cable series for DirecTV, my kids makes me stop fast forwarding so they can watch them. :lol:

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Pity we can't vote for both. I find them equally annoying.

7. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Hey!! ;)

The accent is terrible. I spent the first 28 years of my life in MA and have ZERO ridiculous accent to show for it....thankfully. Now my mother-in-law's accent is a different story.... ;)

8. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Both of those commercials are bad. But, I've been especially disappointed by Dish in regard to their Hopper/Joey commercials. It's such a cool technology that it should be the focus of their commercials. Instead, they are airing "our customers are stupid" commercials. Who at Dish thought it was a good idea to insult their customers?

-- Roger

9. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Yes to Mini-Giraffe but I think I preferred grandson with a dog collar over waking up in a ditch

10. skinnyJM

skinnyJM Legend

Nov 19, 2005
    DFW DMA
    "Currently" the hoppah makes me smile (not sick of it...YET), but the Beyonce (until I got sick of it) made me...never mind, this is a family website. :lol:

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    It's called "truth in advertising".

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    !rolling

13. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I like the Charlie Sheen DirecTv commercial myself.