1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would a credit restart contract???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jrntr, Jun 28, 2010.

1. jrntr

jrntr New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    i called to try to lower my bill a little bit and got a $20/month credit for 12 months and was wondering if it was going to restart my contract. i am halfway through a 2 year contract. i meant to ask the rep but forgot. of course they never say......

2. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    No, this will not restart your contract.

3. jrntr

jrntr New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    out of curiosity, what exactly does extend a contract. i know adding a receiver will. i found that out the hard way. how about adding or removing movie channels???? upgrading or downgrading a package???

4. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Adding or removing premium services will not extend your contract, AFAIK neither does changing your programming.

5. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/218198-contract-extension-chart.html

6. susanandmark

susanandmark Godfather

Feb 15, 2007
    I have been told by a DirecTV CSR that a $5/month credit (for, I believe, 6 months) restarted my contract BUT, and it's a big but, I was also given two other reasons, none of which any DirecTV employee would back up with any kind of documentation, so who knows what really went on. I've been told over and over by those on this forum that a credit won't effect your contract. I'm not saying they're wrong--far from it--just warning that your mileage may vary. Personally, if you're concerned, I would email DirecTV, asking when your current contract expires. That way you have it in writing if it should ever change suddenly, without a legit reason.