1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong title on recording

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Al Fischer, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Apr 7, 2012 #1 of 10
    Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    Yesterday, (Friday) I recorded on Foxnws (205) the program "STOSSEL". The recording was correct but the title on the recording was "Greta Van Sustern".

The prior show was "Hannity" and not recorded. I believe "Greta" normally occupies the time slot where "Stossel" was shown. Timer was set to start 5 min early and we were watching the same channel. It started fine.

Search forum shows this happening several years ago.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a guide problem. The guide showed correct info when this was done.

2. Apr 7, 2012 #2 of 10
    Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    I mistakenly posted this on the 221k forum. It happened on a 722

3. Apr 7, 2012 #3 of 10
    Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Is this the only recording this occurred on? Was that a new timer or reoccurring timer? Please let me know and if this continues to happen. Thanks.

4. Apr 7, 2012 #4 of 10
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Did you check the recording to see if it recorded what it was supposed to?

Assuming it did... Every once in a while I have a recording that for some reason is labeled wrong but actually has the correct program. I couldn't tell you why or how, just that every once in a while it happens.

Also, on a moderation note, moving to the 722 support forum for you.

5. Apr 7, 2012 #5 of 10
    Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    Yes. Right recording, wrong title. Only one instance. Only one thing being recorded.

Why? Curious mind wants to know!

6. Apr 9, 2012 #6 of 10
    Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    Anyone have an idea of where the wron title csme from?

7. Apr 9, 2012 #7 of 10
    Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    If you started recording a few minutes before the show, then on playback you'll see the program that's about to end when you do an Info request on the remote. Once your target program comes on, the correct title should appear.

If, OTOH, the wrong program appears on your list of recordings, that is not supposed to happen and it's a job for DIRT.

8. Apr 9, 2012 #8 of 10
    Al Fischer

Al Fischer Mentor

Mar 26, 2012
    The prior program was Hannity. The selected program was Stossel. It shows a title of Greta Van Sustenberg.

Normally Greta occupies that time slot. Weird?

9. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Possibility that the string that the DVR uses to pick the program is different than the recording name string and the latter did not get updated.

Tempest in a teapot.

10. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I have had a couple of recordings that were really random... not the title of the previous show but something really off-the-wall from a completely different channel.

It's even weirder when it happens on a 922 where you get a thumbnail preview icon from that other show too and makes it hard to find your recording!

Fortunately it has been a very rare thing to happen to me.