1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WS Game 6 picture issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TheFigurehead, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    I set my HR24-500 to record the World Series broadcast tonight on our local Fox station. Started watching the game about 30 minutes ago and it seems like the picture is really have a lot of choppiness and pixelating. The audio seems just fine. I am recording via my DTV broadcast, not my OTA station. Seems like the issue is happening during the commercials, too. All my other stations seem to be just fine.

Anyone else experiencing this issue tonight?

2. deanconst96

deanconst96 AllStar

Jul 15, 2008
    It's not your station. The problem is with FOX.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Seems ok here when I've watched (mainly listening), except for the errors on the field. Where are you located?

4. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Tried over sat and OTA, same issues on both.

Kevin

5. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    Our Fox station is WYZZ out of Peoria-Bloomington, IL. Usually pretty decent signal.

I am caught up to the top of the 2nd inning... hopefully the issue gets fixed soon.

6. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    Well crap... just got the "No Need To Call Us" blue screen. At the 1:20 mark. Of all the broadcasts to have fail... what a bummer.

7. deanconst96

deanconst96 AllStar

Jul 15, 2008
    Amazing. They had a whole day to fix this and still the same problem tonight.:nono2:

8. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    Yep... totally crazy that it is still jacked up. I found an old RCA powered indoor antenna and hooked it up to my bedroom HR20, which is allowing me to pull in the Springfield, Illinois Fox station. Fox 55 out of Springfield seems to be a little better than the local Fox 43 station that DTV is rebroadcasting.

(Not to be confused with a different DTV/Fox current issue) but who is responsible for the WS video problems? Fox or DTV?

9. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's been great on Fox 4 here near Dallas on DirecTV.

10. TheFigurehead

TheFigurehead AllStar

Mar 28, 2009
    Looks like we need to update the topic title to "WS Game 7 picture issues "...