1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF? I purchased TNA’S Lockdown this past Sunday night and selected KEEP after I reco

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by oldschoolecw, Apr 22, 2010.

1. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    WTF? I purchased TNA’S Lockdown this past Sunday night and selected KEEP after I recorded it

And it is now gone, this is total BS since when can we not keep PPV events? I have not ordered any events in years but back in the day they were allowing us to keep them. I had people coming over to watch Lockdown this Saturday and it’s no where to be found on my DVD….. I am pissed:mad:

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    24 or 48 hour rule for PPVs...pretty lame rule.

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    When I ordered it, it never said that….. I think I’m done with DirecTV after this crap
    I have a ROKU and it provides great entertainment

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's not really Directv's fault, they're just doing what they're told.

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Well here is the deal when I ordered that PPV it said I was buying it, as a matter of fact it asked me a few times if I am sure I want to purchase it. But nothing about Renting it. So that makes it DirecTV’s fault for not telling in it’s description that my $34.95 was not buying something I could keep as long as I want to………

6. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    OK, I just got off the phone with DirecTV about this matter and after 38 minutes of talking it was determined that Events can be kept but not movies like I thought.

But what happened was when I ordered the TNA event it did not start recording on it’s own like it should have, which I did notice so I hit record about 2 minutes into Event and recorded it manually which from what the wonderful rep from DirecTV told me confused my DVR and is most likely the only reason for the deletion.

7. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    Interesting. Im thinking of ordering the fight tonight and it was my understanding that I could only keep it for 24 hours.