1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.DBSForums.com...

Discussion in 'The OT' started by AntAltMike, Apr 26, 2012.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    ...now brings me to here. When did that get arranged, and did so arranging involve any communication with Dan Collins?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I believe it has been pointing here since last December ... and yes, it could only be done with permission. It wasn't announced, but since you asked it might as well be acknowledged.

3. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Which leads us to the paradoxical situation whereby, if we try to open a thread announcing that, "DBSForums is down again" - a common thread title here over the years - then, since we are DBSForums, we can no longer post it here because DBSForums is down. :nono2:

4. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I wonder how Dan is. The domain is registered in his wife's name.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Dan's just fine.

6. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    I hope everyone is sitting down....

The domain www.dbsforums.com is registered in my name...I used to known as Dan Collins, but since May 20, 2010 I have been Diana Collins.

Several years ago, I shut down DBSForums for a number of reasons, not the least of which was that I was setting out on a very personal journey. The journey started in 2008 when I began seeing a therapist to deal with an inner conflict that had been with me all my life. I started hormone therapy in August 2009 and I completed the physical part of my transition on August 8, 2011 when I had Gender Reassignment Surgery in Philadelphia, Pa.

So, for all those kind enough to wonder how I am doing, be assured that I am doing quite well. The redirection of dbsforums.com to here was done at the request of Chris Blount, and I was happy to accommodate the request. Chris was always a gentleman and I have been an off and on member here since I shut down the DBSforums site.

In sum, I am still here and still a DirecTV subscriber. I would like to thank everyone that contributed to DBSforums over the years we were active.

Oh, and in case anyone wonders what I look like now, that is me in my avatar photo.

7. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Diane - I was a DBSForums member many years ago (more of a lurker than a poster), but I've often wondered what happened to the site. Thanks for sharing your journey, and congratulations on your personal success. :)

8. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Me too. Used to follow the site. Also glad to see that things worked out personally.

1 person likes this.
  9. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    Diana,
    Congratulations on becoming the whole person you really are.
    Back in the late '70s a really close friend of mine "Eric Rutherford" took the rare journey to fully become the full person she was. Do a search for Erica Rutherford.
    I'm glad for you and for the happier life you are now having.

10. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Makes sense. Not to disparage any of our other females here, but you seemed to know a lot more than most females. Just figured it was a pic of your wife. Now we know.

Glad it is all working out well for you. DBSForums was my home before here.

11. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Another DBSForums alum here. In fact, that site, then DBSDish, led me to subscribe to DirecTV back in 1996. Good to know you're still part of our community, Diane.

12. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Welcome Diana. Was long wondering what happened yourself that the site. Loved it there. Glad things worked out for you and you found happiness thats the most important thing most of all.

13. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I started lurking at DBSForums/DBSDish around 1994 when mini dishes were just getting started. Glad to know you are a part of this forum and life is good!

14. Diana C

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Erica is a legend...she transitioned when it was MUCH harder (not that it is easy now, but relatively speaking it is.) People like her, Renee Richards and Barbara Siperstein blazed the trail.

15. Diana C

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    It actually brings a tear to my eye to know that so many people have fond memories. John Hodgson was the real founder and father to us all...he started DBSDish when the number of DBS subscribers would have fit in one small movie theater.

Thanks guys, for all your kind words.

16. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
  17. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    I stumbled across this thread and then did a search on DBSForums and found out I had started a thread back in 2007 wondering if Dan would resurrect the site considering all the problems he had encountered and his heavy travel schedule. I enjoyed trading stories about London and fun to be had there.

Thanks for all the updates, everyone.

Jon

18. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Diana, good to see you're doing well! Thank you again for all of your support during my Pegasus nightmares!! :up:

19. Rafael

Rafael Mentor

Jul 24, 2005
    Fort...
    Hello Diana,

It's been a very long time, I see regulars here from DBSForums (AntAltMike, Chris Blount among others) hope you are very well and I do miss those large theoretical discussions on Fringe reception
    ....missing Latin America Forum for sure!!!!

All the best.

Rafael.

20. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Hey Raf! Long time, no hear! Are you able to get any Ka reception where you are?