Xiaomi Streaming box From China

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Geronimo, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I am hearing about this device---i even see that it is for sale through Amazon but I know very little about it. Does anyone here know anything about the box, the services you can subscribe to, the content available, and whether it is legal in the US?

http://www.techinasia.com/xiaomi-box-streaming-tv-launch/

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    legal as you tablet or phone

Roku is still better choice

3. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    I am not sure that I understand your reply. Do you have any information about the product that you would like to share?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    it's just a device to catch streaming, if you subscribe to some streaming service LEGALLY - it's legal, otherwise - not

your initial questions sort of ... look around how many companies on the market: Roku, WD, etc

5. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    Thank you. Does anyone else have any information on this particular box?

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would go to Chinese sites, there are more chances to get the answers ...

7. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    I have checked Chinese sites. those that are actually in english do nto seem to provide answers to the questions I asked above.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    The article you referenced has quite a bit of information, but unfortunately I would stay away since the companies own website wont launch at least from my ISP. We have proven products available in this country, like recommended above, I would go with one of those instead since this company seems a little suspect with so little information. If they had Netflix, Youtube, etc...you would think they would have had it listed in their article.

9. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    The intent of the thread was to seeif anyone knew about what chinese services this box iss et up for---whether they have as much US content as the article suggests and if they do is the box legal the US (and the same for subbing to Chinese services since often rights are only held in some countries) . It was a shot in the dark.