1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XM for D*?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rrbhokies, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrbhokies

rrbhokies Legend

May 10, 2004
    Now that Sirius has launched on Dish Network, does anyone know if D* is looking to upgrade their music offerings to work out any kind of partnership with XM? Just curious. Obviously, D* music channels were light years ahead of E* offering prior to Sirius, but this raises the bar and wondering if D* is planning to respond.

2. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    I would love to see XM on DirecTV, but they haven't said anything about it.

3. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    I have XM at home where i can listen on the boombox and i also have Direc Tv. It's really no big deal for me whether or not XM comes to Direc Tv or not. I would however like to see XM replace the Music choice channels so that XM could get some more exposure to people who have Direc Tv.

4. ypsiguy

ypsiguy Icon

Jan 28, 2004
    If you like music, switch to Dish man. These feeds are incredible. 192Kbps stereo. I would swear they are 24-bit. The cymbals sound sharp and clear, not tinny like on CD.

5. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I don't use any of the music channels on either service (D* or E*) so having Sirius is no big deal. Usually when I'm home I don't listen to music. I use XM at work and in the car.

6. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I have XM at home, but having it on D* with improved sound quality would be cool. I love XM, but IMO, Music Choice is a decent service, they have a nice variety of music, I just wish recording them on the DTiVo was a little easier, either that, or have XM come out of a DVR product. :)

7. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
  8. narnia777

narnia777 Legend

Mar 28, 2003
    My Directivo (RCA) won't let me rewind or record the music choice channels, says it's not supported. Who do I complain to?

I have Dish Network for supers/fox and Sky Angel and I can't order Sirius channels since they are not available alacart like the 32 CD music channels.

XM would be cool on Directv. But please let me record them on the tivo.

Jim

9. rrbhokies

rrbhokies Legend

May 10, 2004
    I noticed this too with D*. E* used to do it, but I don't know if that still applies with Sirius being added or not.

Is there any way to stream it to computer and record music from D*?

10. ypsiguy

ypsiguy Icon

Jan 28, 2004
    FYI
    My 501 and 510 Dish DVR's record the Sirius music channels just fine. Original playback quality.

11. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I agree. It sounds like my old LPs again with the clarity. I've been REALLY enjoying the great sound with these channels.

Plus, I just read a Sirius press release where they announced that Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, and Nina Blackwood will be hosting the Big 80's channel. Tres Cool! (The original MTV VJs for those that don't recognize the names.... JJ Jackson passed away recently, and Martha Quinn is in the Witness Protection program or something... no one's seen her in years)

12. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    According to the Yahoo forums D* is talking to BOTH providers. But who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.