1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Davenlr, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    For the past two weeks, my pop mail, and Imap mail from yahoo.com has popped up and asked me for my password on my windows7 phone, and Thunderbird desktop program almost every day. Ill reenter the same password, and it wont work, yet I can log on using their website just fine.

Is anyone else having this problem? I would just forward my mail to another email account, but dont see any way to do that with yahoo mail.

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'm not having any problems with my Yahoo pop mail accounts using Thunderbird or an iPad.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I have no idea then. I was paying them $29 a year for a pop email account, but since I havent been able to access it, I just canceled it and got a refund. I then set Thunderbird up on Imap...and am having the exact same problems with it.

4. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I use Yahoo mail through my Android tablet and in Chrome and Firefox and have had no issues with passwords recently. A couple of months ago I experienced something like what you described and then it went away in a day or so. I have no idea why it happened...

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Today, I stopped connecting at around 3pm, and it just started back up on its own about 8pm. During the entire time none of my devices would connect, I could log in using the same password on their website. It has to be their password server.

6. Groundhog45

Groundhog45 Hall Of Fame

Nov 9, 2005
    Cedar Park,...
    My wife frequently gripes about having to reenter her password on her ymail account. She used Firefox and Safari on a Macbook.

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I had the same problem. But it wasn't the password/user name that was the issue. They changed their incoming & outgoing mail servers. Using Google I found a couple different answers on what mail servers to use, but the easiest way might be to delete the account and then reenter.