1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yankees Arod in Therapy

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by mainedish, May 25, 2005.

1. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
  2. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Leading the league in homers and RBIs, I'd say something is working. My advice to him is keep it up. He's the only reason my fantasy team has a chance this season.

3. mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003

I don't believe he is seeing one to play better baseball. Looks like some personal issues with demons according to him. You never really find out the truth about something like this. It could be anything . I just hope the press won't look more into it. It's a personal matter.

4. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Right. While the article doesn't say specifically what the therapy was about, the little blurb about his past being affected by his father leaving leads me to believe it is psychological therapy. While that doesn't directly relate to him hitting the ball farther or running faster or throwing more accurately, it can help clear his mind. Everyone has some types of issues. Learning how to deal with them and to make them more of a non-issue is always in the best interest.

5. rcbridge

rcbridge Godfather

Oct 31, 2002
    If it is helping good for him!!

6. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    He has said he's been taking therapy for the last 7 years.

7. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Ever since A-Rod got the BIG check he has been chased by demons of the two-legged variety. Among other things. the therapy helps Alex separate the gold diggers from the, well, er, the gold diggers.