1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yankees Rangers Blacked Out?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Smush401, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    The game is blacked out on both the YES and FSSW feeds? It's not even showing on the MLB Mix channel. What's going on????

2. HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    north east pa
    i have yes in n.e. pa

3. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    Is YES your RSN up there?

4. rprenove

rprenove New Member

Sep 15, 2008
    WTF is going on?? Looks like it is only on in market and ESPN2. I can not think of a rational reason for this black out. ESPN has not had an exclusive window for years on Wednesday night.

5. HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    north east pa
    yes is rsn up in ne. pa

6. Game Fan

Game Fan Baseball Is Life

Sep 8, 2007
    It's on ESPN2 HD.

7. paakoridge

paakoridge Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    ESPN

8. rprenove

rprenove New Member

Sep 15, 2008
    I should have said ESPN2 outside of the local markets; this is the only way to view this game outside of the Yankee or Rangers territories.

9. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Wednesday Night Baseball, it gets more common at the end of the season. GameSearch didn't find it for you?

10. rprenove

rprenove New Member

Sep 15, 2008
    I though ESPN no longer had an exclusive out of market window for several years? I do not recall this from last year's EI coverage.

11. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    Lucky! I'm in the dreaded Comcast Philly blackout hole down here. I'd give anything if I could switch the the New York RSN's.

12. Juggernaut

Juggernaut AllStar

Apr 5, 2007
    I called customer service, they have no idea why it's blacked out. The CSR made an effort to blame the YES! network, even offered their phone number and web site. She also said that my ability to watch most games on Ch 631 all season as been "shear luck". I know that Wed night ESPN games haven't been a problem all season, even if the Yankees were on ESPN, I could still watch YES! The fact I can watch games on both the home and away feed this year was a huge selling point for me. I hope we are not regressing.

13. yankeevert

yankeevert Cool Member

May 17, 2008
    I hope this is not a new policy.I live in MI and have been able to watch every Yankee game on 631 this year except when they play the Tigers.This has been my experience for the last couple of years.

14. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Not a big deal. At least all of the other games are in the open. I'd be mad if I couldn't see the game at all.

15. Juggernaut

Juggernaut AllStar

Apr 5, 2007
    I agree, ESPN is better than nothing, but when you are used to getting your choice it's a major bummer. They need to stop this blackout nonsense, give the viewer the option to watch what they want on the channel of their choice, this promotes competition, if someone has a better production I'll watch it. Why should FOX/ESPN/MLB dictate what I watch? Bottom line is, if the programming I want to watch is not available, I turn it off. The blackouts server only to alienate folks away from the sport.

16. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    It is strange that MLB.TV gets to play by different rules. No blackout is being applied to tonight's game over there...

17. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    It was blacked out here too in South Central PA. I didn't think ESPN/ESPN2 had national exclusive rights for Wednesday night games. I thought they only had it for Sunday games. First time I'd had a Yankees game on YES blacked out in a long time (other than when they play the O's since MASN is one of my RSNs).

I think it was actually a reverse screw-up actually. Everyone in the US should have had the game on ESPN2 except those living in the Dallas and NY markets. In those markets, the games should have been on FSN SW and YES and ESPN2 should have shown ESPN News in those markets. Those of us with MLB EI should have also had the RSN feeds. Weird.. someone screwed up.

18. jmudukes07

jmudukes07 AllStar

Jul 8, 2009
    I dunno about anyone else but ESPN2's "HD" feed can't come close to comparing with the YES feed.

Picture is incredibly soft and lacks detail - on my set up at least.

19. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I watched it on FSSWHD but I that is my RSN. being a Boston fan I found it hard to root for either team. I dont like the Yankees but Texas is closing the gap for the wild card so I was kind of glad to see Texas lose.

20. hunter65

hunter65 Guest

You better have rooted for the Yankees 'cause the Red Sox ain't catching them.