1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YES Network not going national ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Raven2490, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven2490

Raven2490 Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I just got off the phone with a level 2 tech support rep and he informed me that the YES network will not be going national. :(

If some 1 has a better source please post :)

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I assume you're talking about Yes HD? Why would it go national? There is no bandwidth right now, that's why it and all other RSNs are spotbeamed. Most likely with the new sats it and all the RSNs will go on the national beams (called CONUS) but that won't be until the end of the year.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    I think yes is available nationally just like the other RSN you just get blackouts on professional sports.

4. JohnMav

JohnMav Mentor

Aug 24, 2006
    Correct, YES comes with the sports package....I would think YES-HD would be available when bandwidth allows... of course you'd need EI to get the Yankee games.

5. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    YES in SD is national; YES HD is expected to become national when the new DirecTV10/11 satellites are launched; we may see it as early as September. But of course as has been pointed out, unless you live in the YES territory or have MLB EI you will be blacked out of the Yankees games.

6. Raven2490

Raven2490 Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Has it been mentioned by any directv officials that YES HD will be national b4 the end of the year?

thanks in advance :)

7. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    No, but most people here would probably say that it will be available nationally with an eligible programming package.

8. Raven2490

Raven2490 Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    lol most ppl doesn't always mean thats gonna happen... I would love to know who came up with this to see if it's time for me to get excited lol

9. Mocco71

Mocco71 Godfather

Jan 13, 2007

True... YES on CONUS won't do much good without EI, Especially when blackout rules permit them to block regular programming like Yankeeology. Heaven forbit someone in Montana would get a chance to watch that... blacking it out to them and everyone else does what again?!?

10. Raven2490

Raven2490 Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I have EI already ... I really dont wanna see other yes programming in HD ...only Yankee games I wanna see in HD and I can geta chance to atleast see their home games in HD I'll be way better off than I am right now lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.