1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes Network...When?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dishjoe, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 7, 2005 #1 of 26
    dishjoe

dishjoe Cool Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Well according to this http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish110_sid.html its there. However, when will it be made available to us the Dish Network customers?

2. Mar 7, 2005 #2 of 26
    elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Also noticed the Oxygen Network listed on 127! When on this one. Apparently they already have a channel number allocated.

3. Mar 7, 2005 #3 of 26
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    If its that important to you. I strongly suggest switching to D* rather than wasteing any more time complaining on these boards..E* has deaf ears to complaints like these . The only thing they respond to is money.. I propose you speak with your wallet and take your money to d* only then will they even care

4. Mar 7, 2005 #4 of 26
    TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
  5. Mar 7, 2005 #5 of 26
    YOUNGTOO

YOUNGTOO Registered User

Feb 4, 2005
    hey just something to think about? i too am fed up with dishnetwork, with no additional channels being added, except foreign channels, so i called direct tv ,which installer came out , and said due to the trees i couldn't get the locals but i could get everything else or i could get locals but not every thing else/ depends on where i put the dish, due to one sat being so far apart from each other. now if the FCC told dishnetwork to put all locals on one sat, to be fair, then why does direct tv have satellites so far apart to receive both locals and basic channels? is that fair yes i know the trees are my problem but the sat that has the basic channels ,has been up for along time. is this fair ? i guess i will sit and wait to see if dish offers more local channels in the future , hoping for out of market locals ? thanks for taking time to read this/ stuck with dish ,until i move.

6. Mar 7, 2005 #6 of 26
    JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    The FCC told DISH Network to put all locals from a particular market on one dish. That is not the same as all basic channels and locals on the same dish.

7. Mar 7, 2005 #7 of 26
    YOUNGTOO

YOUNGTOO Registered User

Feb 4, 2005
    yes but to be fair shouldn't both sat company's allow consumers a fair and easy way to receive sat programing know matter what channels are offered? just my oppinion. i mean whats the difference than being able to receive tbs or CBS, on one dish /or one sat. closer

8. Mar 7, 2005 #8 of 26
    YOUNGTOO

YOUNGTOO Registered User

Feb 4, 2005
    hmmmm. no reply.

9. Mar 7, 2005 #9 of 26
    JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Before local channels the typical count of channels in the system was less than 500. After locals the channel count at DISH Network is currently at 2315 and growing. Given current spectrum availability it is not possible to put all those channels on one dish.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Who needs Oxygen? I watched it at my dentiist today, and it stinks. WHEW!!!!

11. YOUNGTOO

YOUNGTOO Registered User

Feb 4, 2005
    so why cant direct tv put two satellites closer together? like dish network / like the 119/110 which my locals are on, but not all of them. thanks

12. DS0816

DS0816 Guest

Mar 29, 2002
    There's no excuse for Dish Network not having Yes -- and it's inexcusable for Dish Network not to have Oxygen. Having said that, it's also insulting that DirecTV does not have Style Network -- and dumb that DirecTV doesn't offer HBO Comedy. What they both further have in common that is mystifyingly stupid: Neither carries the Tennis Channel. Now that's despicable!

13. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    It is not that I will watch Oxygen -- but the ladies in my house sure will! It sure is strange that in the span of a few days Oxygen would be removed from 127 and replaced with a Income tax channel!!1

14. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    EXCUSE ME not everybody worships the Yankees!! Some of us customers chose E* based on the fact that good ole Charlie wont cave into steinbreners tactics We applaud charlie for taking a stand against greedy baseball owners and I for one am proud to say not one red cent of my hard earned money taht i spend on TV is going to support the Skankees!!!!! :rant: :rant: :barf: :barf:

15. Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    True. If the YES people were willing to make their channel a pay channel (like the Internationals), then Dish would be willing to make it available. YES won't do that. They say give it to everybody, and want to charge E* like everybody actually wants it. Go complain to YES.

16. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Fight the "satellite tax" (not Income tax) channel .. lol :lol:

17. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    Steinbrenner wants the channel treated like every other RSN on E*. Why should YES be singled out for a-la-carte if MSG, FSNY, Comcast-West, Atltitude, etc. are all included with AT60+?

George may be indeed be an SOB, but Charlie is a penny pinching fool. I'd love to see how may subs Dish has left in NY / CT / NJ compared to DirecTV.

18. Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    RSN's are, by definition, regional. YES wants to be national. Complain to George.

19. Greg Bimson

Greg Bimson Hall Of Fame

May 5, 2003
    YES does not want to be national. I have DirecTV, and I do not get YES, as I live in DC. What makes you believe that YES wants to be national?

20. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm sure DirecTV is not paying $2 a month for all 13 million subs. More likely paying only for the subs in the YES market and perhaps a small addition for Sports Pack subs. After all, much of the YES Network programming is blacked out outside the region.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.