Yes Network

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Ranger Rick, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Hello Fellow Dish Network Fans. My question is to find out why The YES NETWORK is not included with The New York Locals? The Yankee games on MLB Extra Innings and ESPN Wednesdays are blacked out because YES has the local Tv rights, but I can't get YES Ntwrk on my N Y Locals on Dish Network. Anyone know why?

2. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    YES Network wants too much money from DISH to carry it.

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Welcome to DBSTalk Rick!

There are many threads about this, some congratulating Dish for standing up to corporate greed, some upset at them for ignoring NY Yankee fans.

The long and the short of it is Dish Network feels what YES wants to charge them in order to be carried is too much. Dish thinks it's too expensive to carry this channel, a regional sports network, that only a small portion of the country can have unrestricted access to. They would like to add YES on an a la carte basis, meaning if you qualify for YES and you wish to receive it, you have to pay extra for it, so it won’t have an impact on everyone’s rates, including those outside of Yankee Territory. All cable companies in the NY area and DirecTV have managed to hammer out the details with YES, but Dish has not. I wouldn't expect YES to be on Dish for some time, both parties are holding their ground and won't give in to each others terms.

BTW- Regional sports networks like YES and Fox Sports Net are not included with locals, your hometown sports networks are included in base packages, America’s Top 120 for Dish, Total Choice for DirecTV.

4. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    So your saying a directv sub that has an rsn on the dish has to pay extra for it ?

5. DO u know if a person living in Canada can get the YES Network?
    Thanx and please reply to: yonijakubovic@hotmail.com

6. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Another thread about YES! No No No!!!!! :bang

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    No. No one said that. He said it si included with a base package and not provided as part of the local stations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.