Yet another Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Earlyadopt, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Earlyadopt

Earlyadopt Mentor

Jan 20, 2007
    TIA!!!
    How do I make sure to have 3 simultaneous 4k streams and 1 1080p?

-- 3x 4k TVs
    -- 1 Genie server (it's the tower which I believe is the HS17) (which I hate as it's a TOWER when I have a NICE RACK (or so I've been told).
    -- 1 Wired 1080p client wired to the TVs (centrally located in the basement with a long HDMI run (short enough to be HDMI compliant)
    -- 1 Wired 1080p client wired to the TV (in the basement, connecting thru Yammy 4k AVR, using a 4k extender over cat 6, getting great 4k results using Roku 4K content)
    -- 1 Wireless 1080p client
    -- I also have the big protection plan and am a PIA to the Loyalty Dept, just like the rest of you :)
    -- 4th client is occasionally used in the backyard via a projector and blowup screen. Between kid parties and FOOTBALL parties, D* we watch TV at 4 sets simultaneously on occasion.
    On 9/11 between 9-12 PST, D* will make their 4th attempt to upgrade me to 4K. Previously they have just not shown or been late (I've received $25 credit for each no-show). So what are my best options? At this point, a D* staff installer should be rolling and be correctly equipped.

Last question. Is there a way to put an antenna on a client? From certain points, I'm having trouble reaching one of the clients. :)

Thanks again

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    No way right now for 3 separate 4K streams through DIRECTV. HS17 with C61Ks will get you 2 simultaneous streams.

No antenna on clients but you should be able to connect the antenna to the TV direct. Just change inputs.

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Only Choice is the HS-17 Witch it's self does not Connect to any TV (as it has NO HDMI) out put - It will Stream (MOCO RG6 Network) 4K Content to 2 4k TV's at once (you can use C61K-700 or Connect a RVU Activated 4K TV - (one way or the other ) It will Cost $7 a Month no matter how you connect the TV to the HS-17.

You can Have all your TV's ON at all Times - Good Luck with your install -and enjoy your Like NEW service.