1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Earlyadopt, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Earlyadopt

Earlyadopt Mentor

Jan 20, 2007
    TIA!!!
    How do I make sure to have 3 simultaneous 4k streams and 1 1080p?

-- 3x 4k TVs
    -- 1 Genie server (it's the tower which I believe is the HS17) (which I hate as it's a TOWER when I have a NICE RACK (or so I've been told).
    -- 1 Wired 1080p client wired to the TVs (centrally located in the basement with a long HDMI run (short enough to be HDMI compliant)
    -- 1 Wired 1080p client wired to the TV (in the basement, connecting thru Yammy 4k AVR, using a 4k extender over cat 6, getting great 4k results using Roku 4K content)
    -- 1 Wireless 1080p client
    -- I also have the big protection plan and am a PIA to the Loyalty Dept, just like the rest of you :)
    -- 4th client is occasionally used in the backyard via a projector and blowup screen. Between kid parties and FOOTBALL parties, D* we watch TV at 4 sets simultaneously on occasion.
    On 9/11 between 9-12 PST, D* will make their 4th attempt to upgrade me to 4K. Previously they have just not shown or been late (I've received $25 credit for each no-show). So what are my best options? At this point, a D* staff installer should be rolling and be correctly equipped.

Last question. Is there a way to put an antenna on a client? From certain points, I'm having trouble reaching one of the clients. :)

Thanks again

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    No way right now for 3 separate 4K streams through DIRECTV. HS17 with C61Ks will get you 2 simultaneous streams.

No antenna on clients but you should be able to connect the antenna to the TV direct. Just change inputs.

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Only Choice is the HS-17 Witch it's self does not Connect to any TV (as it has NO HDMI) out put - It will Stream (MOCO RG6 Network) 4K Content to 2 4k TV's at once (you can use C61K-700 or Connect a RVU Activated 4K TV - (one way or the other ) It will Cost $7 a Month no matter how you connect the TV to the HS-17.

You can Have all your TV's ON at all Times - Good Luck with your install -and enjoy your Like NEW service.