You, Me And The Apocalypse.

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by yosoyellobo, Jan 29, 2016.

1. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    A 10 episode miniseries beening showed on NBC Thursday's at 8:00p. I was really surprised on how much I like it. A 8 mile wide comet is on course to destroy earth in 34 days, but this is the real thing so Bruce Willis not be able to save us. I will recommend it to everybody.

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We watched last night's premier and it got :up: :up: in our home. It has a great cast, both British and American actors, and a truly complicated set of characters to continue to develop in the midst of a plot built around a current day Apocalypse scenario. Based on the pilot, it looks like "must see TV."

It's also interesting that Britain's Sky TV and NBC Universal International committed to this show on the production side.

3. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Just wanted to give everyone a quick warning the the first air date for this show is using its U.K. Date. A first-run-only series link won't pick up new episodes. You need to change to "all" to get them. I know this applies to Directv -- can't speak for Dish.

4. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Thanks for the tip. Just updated my series link.

Since I missed the first episode, and couldn't find it listed in the DTV NBC on-demand page last night, I watched it on the NBC Roku app.

5. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    You can get it on demand thru the search function.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Well the first episode has me coming back for the second! I'll see if that one want me to look forward to the third.

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Good catch, thanks!

8. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    For Dish and the Hopper, ptat will record it just fine with no user intervention. That is one of the big pluses about ptat, it just records everything on the big four during prime time.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  9. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Thanks to this thread I checked it out and it is definitely on my list to watch now. However if I ever have to use NBC on Demand again... First I downloaded the show this morning and just happened to look at it tonight and I am glad I did as it expires 2-1 which happens to be tomorrow! I am glad they give you plenty of time to watch the show Also while I am used to on demand blocking FF I usually only see 1 or 2 commercials in each break. However this had the full commercial load and ran for the full hour

10. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I like where this is going. So far so good.

11. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Anybody else besides me watching this show. It is a classic as far as I am concerned.

12. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I'm watching it but I'm a couple of episodes behind. I'm enjoying it.

13. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I am definitely enjoying it. Still have to watch last nights episode but it is one of the few I stay current on.

14. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    I'm still watching it too.