"Your recording has been scheduled" OH NO IT WASN'T!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dmspen, May 22, 2017.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Twice this last weekend I set a show to record via the DISH app on my iPhone. Both times I got the message, "Your recording has been scheduled" or whatever the exact words are. Neither time did the show record (Warriors game and Twin Peaks). My network connections are good. It seems my Hopper3 ignored the request or the app never really sent it.

Anyone else having app issues?

2. jhsanchez

jhsanchez Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    The record system is a total disaster with many things not recording, especially those found via search.

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I blame the new EPG provider. See the thread about it "EPG Weirdness...". The previous provider had reliable information, this new one makes program descriptions up as they go along. or just uses a "generic" description with no episode numbers which causes the DVR to skip legitimate events.

4. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    maybe it's time to manual record your shows all the time

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

5. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    I was told by a CSR that Dish is aware of a programming issue with its software but no Estimate of when it will be fixed- my reason I called is I was unable to setup a record series for ch 159 NBCSN- I can only setup to record 1 game at a time not a series of "new" games- you can record the series on some channels but not all- it *used* to work just fine but a Software update broke it..

6. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Another issue...
    I tried to set recordings for the NBA championship games. The only channel it would let me record it on was some weird off language channel, not the Prime Time channel ABC