YouTubeTV Double Secret Probation problem

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by PHL, Nov 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    Three days ago, my YouTube account got suspended for violating community guidelines regarding scams and spamming. I never post content and I rarely comment so I had no idea what happened.

After days of digging, I finally found a way to view a cached version of my channel. There were a couple of spam videos that had been uploaded without my knowledge. This must be what triggered the suspension. I had no idea that YouTube hacking was even a thing, but I became a victim.

Anyway, the problem with a YouTube suspension is that it also locked me out of my YouTubeTV service. I tried YTTV support via online chat, but they weren't able to do anything for me. Fortunately, we were able to sign into our Roku boxes using a Family Share login, but that's a temporary solution at best.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw out a warning to YouTubeTV users. One of the conditions of suspension is that you are prohibited from accessing any existing YouTube accounts or creating any new ones. This makes it impossible, without breaking their TOS, to remain a YouTubeTV customer.

So if you use YouTubeTV, you may want to find a way to dissociate it from your regular YouTube account. Most likely, they both link to your existing Google account, so I'm not entirely certain how to put a firewall between them.

I also started a reddit thread on this issue:

*By the way, the thread title is a reference to the movie Animal House

2. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    I use rumble its way better then utube

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    Could you clarify? What is rumble?

Edit: I found it. rumble.com

Why do you like it better? I'm guessing that it's not going to have exactly the same content as youtube

4. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    It runs way smoother better and does not censor content. Its a free app. I love it

5. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Its has a alot of utube content.

6. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    Not trying to be judgemental, but it looks like it has a lot of right-wing political bias. Doesn't really look like a suitable YouTube replacement to me.

AngryManMLS likes this.
  7. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    No its not it has left and right its not bias like utube.

8. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    My cell phone wont even allow me too remove utube from my cell only disable it and still get messages from utube so i dont know even if is disabled. Makes me wonder why cant you unistall?

9. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    That's probably a question for your wireless carrier but I'd imagine that someone is taking money to make sure it stays on the phone.

10. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    Isn't that kind of like saying Fox News has Chris Wallace?

Youtube doesn't push ANY political content before you even view the first video, yet most of Rumble's "featured" channels have a right-wing bent.

JimJordan, Charlie Kirk, Dinesh Dsouza, Diamond & Silk, FDRLST, Sean Hannity, TrishRegan, SebGorka, FDRLST, Devin Nunes. And those are just the ones I can instantly recognize.

Again, not being judgemental, but your unsolicited recommendation feels kinda like spam.

RasputinAXP likes this.
  11. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    It's actually pretty straightforward to disable notifications. It's a google thing, since they own Android.

12. PHL

PHL Legend

Jul 15, 2004
    It's just bloatware, and it can be disabled. Alternatively, you could lock yourself into the Apple ecosystem.

mke likes this.
  13. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Rumble gives you options to watch what you want. Anyone can goom it left or right .Utube if it dosnt agree with you they remove you. I like to have the option to watch who ever i choose. Utube is getting close to being like china.if you think haveing choices is spam stick with utube.

14. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Prolly should take the political discussion elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.