ZZZZZZzzzzzzz......

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - AM21 Discussion (private)' started by WERA689, Feb 7, 2008.

1. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    It's awfully quiet in here tonight!
    Everyone resting their blistered fingertips from yesterday? Or just busy trying to break the AM21's?;)

2. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    :lol: Yes, it is very quite.

3. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    quite? quite quiet... :)
    guess we're getting too good at installing new stuff :)

4. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Well so far, can't break it. Except for a few minor set up screen text formatting issues, this box is running smoothly. The only issues I am having are the same ones I have with 0x1f8 on my other HR21 and the HR20s.

bob

5. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Agreed. Nothing major is jumping out at me with the exception of me kicking around putting the HR21 on top instead.

6. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    This thing works really well. Atleast for me. Even the software which still has glitches has been pretty good. I had a slight freeze last night with trying to rw but nothing major.

7. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Well, I'm just "testing" for adverse reactions between the two boxes for now.

This weekend I hope to get a UHF antenna to hang it in my attic and drop some lines. WSMV-DT will have to be left out, since they're using VFH low - they're the ONLY station around here doing DT in VHF and I don't watch enough NBC to worry with it. :p

EDIT: Well, I take that back. TVFool.com say's they're using VHF channel 10 so maybe a high-gain antenna will work. Anyway, it'll be fun to geek out for the afternoon.

EDIT AGAIN: ARGGH! CBS is going to VHF low (their current analog channel 5) after the transition. Damn. I'm gonna have to get a VHF antenna by then and combine it. Grrrr. Stupid TV stations. :p

8. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    The wind blew my antenna around so I am missing some channels. It is not a AM21 issue since my HR 20 is having the same issue. I will get on the roof and fix it tomorrow. So far the box seems fine.:)

9. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I've got to agree with all of you. This box integrates seamlessly with the HR21, and functions just as an HR20, for all practical purposes.
    Kudos to DirecTV and their engineering staff for providing a very complete package in the AM/HR combo. We all know that has not always been the case...

GOOD JOB, D*!