· Slacker
623 Posts
boatbumm said:
Looking promising for Richmond-Petersburg this week! :D :D :D

-Parker
Nice, less than 48 hours to go to be sure!! :D

· AllStar
101 Posts
Why doesn't direcTV give Springfield - Decatur - Champaign IL these damn local HD's?
We need 2 dishes to get our locals. When the installer came out, he didn't put up 2 dishes, so the only way I can watch locals is with off air antenna, which is unreliable at times, or I have to get up and continually adjust it.

DirecTV, please please please give Local HD's to the Springfield - Decatur - Champaign, IL market this week!!!!

9 Posts
boatbumm said:

-Parker
Boatbumm- GOOD NEWS as I'm in Richmond. Do you know if we need to change the settings on our set top boxes so the box will know not go try the over the air signal when we try to watch local HD?

· Legend
238 Posts
Burlington VT is showing a similiar screen as well, WOOOHOOOOO!!!! :D

· AllStar
92 Posts
Matman said:
Burlington VT is showing a similiar screen as well, WOOOHOOOOO!!!! :D
Toledo Ohio is showing on the website listing (49221) HD for ABC/CBS/NBC and FOX.....are these live now, or just showing in the guide in advance of 9/17/08? Wish I was home to see.

· Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jshumadine said:
Boatbumm- GOOD NEWS as I'm in Richmond. Do you know if we need to change the settings on our set top boxes so the box will know not go try the over the air signal when we try to watch local HD?
I believe that you'll still have the choice for OTA or DTV -- but whether you still see the DTV SD channels on your STB depends on how your options are set on the STB. Ours are set to display (& tune to) the HD channel when both HD and SD are offered at the same channel number.

Maybe some folks who already have HD LILs could comment on this?

-Parker

· AllStar
92 Posts
boatbumm said:

-Parker
This will be SO SO NICE. I was disappointed because we did not get the LiL's before the start of football, but I am hoping we get them before the start of the new TV season. :)

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Looks like Syracuse, NY is also on deck for this week. It changed this morning, because they weren't listed on the guide last night. Good thing too, been having trouble with dropouts on Fox during prime time again via ota - last time this happened they were having trouble with the tower, during the Super Bowl, no less!!

· Godfather
279 Posts
boatbumm said:
I believe that you'll still have the choice for OTA or DTV -- but whether you still see the DTV SD channels on your STB depends on how your options are set on the STB. Ours are set to display (& tune to) the HD channel when both HD and SD are offered at the same channel number.

-Parker
well I got both SD/HD OTA channels with my AM21 and my lineup never shows on the website both options.

· Legend
238 Posts
zeekchic said:
I am not seeing CBS/ABC HD duplicates for Burlington VT....
Yeah, I only see fox and NBC.... thats what I get for checking in a hurry before hitting the road for a day. Even if its 2 out of the 4, its a start, right now OTA for all locals for me, only running a slimline right now.

· Legend
122 Posts
zeekchic said:
I am not seeing CBS/ABC HD duplicates for Burlington VT....
Same for South Bend, No ABC/CBS. Both stations are owned by Schurz Communications, does anybody know is that a coincidence(sp), or does Schurz have a history like LIN?

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
boatbumm said:

-Parker
In the onscreen guide, the HD LIL will use the channel number (same as SD) and callsign (SD uses a two letter location indicator). OTA uses the channel number with a dash and the subchannel indicator, plus a -DT added to the station's callsign. In Setup -> Display, there is an option to hide the SD duplicates of the HD signal. If you don't, keying in the channel number will go to the HD version and Chan UP will take you to the SD.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.