DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cooked up something today that some folks might find useful.

If you have received the 0x104 release yet, please go to this link and add your zip code. You can visit this page to see who has received it as well.

Please, if you have not received it yet, DO NOT enter your zip code. If you DO have it, go ahead and let us know.

Thanks for your input in advance.

· Banned
63 Posts
brott said:

If you have received the 0x104 release yet, please go to this link and add your zip code. You can visit this page to see who has received it as well.

Please, if you have not received it yet, DO NOT enter your zip code. If you DO have it, go ahead and let us know.

Thanks for the site.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
brott said:

Well, I have a zip of 93030 where my address of use is and a billing address of 97456. Address of use is in LA DMA and billing is in small town OR. Earl mentioned it was by billing address and I have the 0x104 so I will put in that one.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
gb33 said:
Seriously is your TV like 7 feet up in the air?
Actually... Mine is about 5.5" but the top is at least 8ft in the air...

(Plasma on the wall, above the fireplace)

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
masterdeals said:
Good idea, are we looking for the little black dots on the map, way too much white to be the other.
Yes, black dots. I just put it up, so it will take some time. It's not the end-all. Look more for trends than accuracy.

· Legend
212 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Actually... Mine is about 5.5" but the top is at least 8ft in the air...

(Plasma on the wall, above the fireplace)
Man oh man Earl, don't you get neck cramps? Is this a deterrant to keep the little one from sitting on the floor asking to watch Elmo (or whoever) 20x a day? if so, I am heading out first thing in the morning.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
gb33 said:
Man oh man Earl, don't you get neck cramps? Is this a deterrant to keep the little one from sitting on the floor asking to watch Elmo (or whoever) 20x a day? if so, I am heading out first thing in the morning.
Tilted down 15 degrees, and the couch is about 10ft away.
After about a week... you get used to it.

It has been up there for 3 years now... And when it "dies" another is going right back in it's place. We can see the TV from 6 different rooms... and accross the street when the front drapes are open.

· Godfather
370 Posts
Chicago, StLouis, Oregon, and SoCal. This will be effective in a few days if active. I suspect a few out of the key area, but not many. For what it is worth, I have 3 receivers in Michigan, all 3 were denied on a force attempt, but hey, I had to try...

· AllStar
57 Posts
Thinking of the whole I use it at this zip code, but the billing adress is this..

Is it legal according to DirecTV to have one account at multiple houses?

I.e. one account, 2 boxes in main house (including primary) and a 3rd in a mountain house 4 hours away?

Easy way to save $100 a month..

· Godfather
415 Posts
JLove336 said:
What are all the yellow dots? DMA's or what?
Can't be DMA's...I guarantee you some of those North Dakota ones (I'm from there) would have to be like the 8,000th DMA... Do they even count them that far?

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Each dot is one zip code. There are 41,556 different zip codes in the database. The black dots have been entered by someone, the yellow dots have not. If people put in their zip codes even if they don't have the update, it will show up on the map as black. So far, there doesn't appear to be a big enough sample to make any kind of determination. Hopefully in the next couple of days some trends will emerge. If not, well, it was worth a try :)

· Godfather
284 Posts
brott said:

Just forced an update in the 95630 zip and it's pulling down 0x104 :)

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
I see two real close to me and I'm guessing one is Earl, mabye if I sneak to his house and hook up my DVR to one of his lines... Or just watch TV thru his front window...:rolleyes:

· AllStar
57 Posts
I havn't gotten it yet. :(

ps. how come earl's say they are posted like 3 days before they actually show up?

Are they giving the mods previews of what us poor entry level posters have to wait for?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.