DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me but after I did the Santa update to 0x108 I noticed that there is less delay when changing channels?? I didn't care about the OTA but I will have to say that it is definitely a noticeable improvement.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I've had 4-5 second channel changes since version 0xF6 and it seems to be about the same for me on 0x108. If you were one of those experiencing 30-second channel changes, it probably is faster.

· Beer Aficionado
1,469 Posts
I noticed my channel changes were much faster when I was playing with it this morning, in all situations. OTA to MPEG4, OTA to SD, SD to HD, etc.

FWIW, that's with native off and set to 720p only.

· You make it, We break it
4,480 Posts
Same setup here and it seems to be slightly faster overall for me.

Mike Huss said:
I noticed my channel changes were much faster when I was playing with it this morning, in all situations. OTA to MPEG4, OTA to SD, SD to HD, etc.

FWIW, that's with native off and set to 720p only.

· Godfather
440 Posts
The guide scrolling is definitely faster here! Channel changes seem to be the same. Native off.....720 and 1080 only.

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting..... I have always had native off and with out a doubt it is definitely faster. I never had the 30 second problem, I would say it would take about 2-3 seconds now its about a 1 second or so when changing channels.

· Legend
200 Posts
I have seen no change:(

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Well many found that after FA the guide started slowing down after a while and a reboot would fix it. For that that didn't reboot the 108 update would reboot it automatically after the install. Thus it may seem faster to some because of that.

Personally about a week after FA it got really slow so I rebooted. It has been very fast ever since although I've noticed a slight slowdown the past couple days. After 108 last night it's lightning fast again.

There is something that is causing the guide to slow down over time, hopefully something they can address someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.