Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day, another release - this time Version 0x108

If you received the 0x108 release last night, please visit the new distribution map.

Yellow Dots = Did NOT receive the 0x108 release
Black Dots = DID receive the 0x108 release

Everyone appreciates honesty. If your zip code is entered into the system, then it will show a black dot. Please enter your zip code only if you are positive that you have the 0x108 release (not 0xfa).

Check out the 0x108 zipmap

For those interested, you can also check out the 0x104 zipmap

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Italfra1 said:
Anyone in Marin or Sonoma County get 0x104 or 0x108 yet? Just checking. I was first on all the other software upgrades but I guess it's our turn to wait. Thx.
Seems to be an LA and "special user" update this time - no Northern California as in the past. Earliest national would be tonight, I think. However, Viiv seems to be a big deal so it might be next week instead.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
richlife said:
My that map is sparse! Seriously Brott, can't you get a point for Pittsboro, NC on there? Just get me 108, I'll take care of the map bit -- simple.
I've put a hex on any UNC fans getting the update -- There is one exception, though. :D

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
255 different zip codes are now lit up. Many are from Santa. Some may be duplicates - I mark the zip code 'yes' if it is entered, so it doesn't matter if it's 1 time or 50 times.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Maybe DirecTV saw the map and realized that there weren't too many people at DBSTalk.com updated to provide feedback ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, this was an ad-hoc experiment open for easy attack by anyone that might be disgruntled, mischievous or simply ignorant. The mere method of data collection lends itself to inaccuracies, and the Santa thing just made it that much worse. If you ask me, all it ever did was tell us what we already knew by painting a cute little picture.

The good/bad news of it all is that in a couple of weeks, it will be empty again with everyone clamoring for the next update - we can start all over again. :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
ruthiesea said:
I see that the ota update will be 0x108. When I check my system it shows software version 0xfa. Will the next update show as the 0x108 (or 0x104) format or in another format? :confused:
There are a number of other threads going into detail, but here's a summary:

0x104 did not go national
0x108 is the new limited release
0x108 was released to all last night if you force-downloaded during a 3-hour window

0xfa is the current national release

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.