DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Legend
132 Posts
Perhaps less people would enter their zip code if the Text Box was at the far right of the screen, so instead of:

|__________| <- Enter your zip code here ONLY ....

You could have something like:

Have you received the latest upgrade?? If not, Look - Don't Touch! If you have received it, please enter zip: |___________|

·
DBSTalk Club Member
75 Posts
I really hope this fixes the issue I"m having where if it's recording a program you can't watch it from the beginning and if you try after it's done you get asked if you want to delete immediately and have to reset the silly thing to be able to watch it.

Edited to add that last I checked I had 0xFA, I'll have to check and see if I got 108 last night.

And I'm aware of the thanksgiving HD football thing.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
baimo said:
I think people are being michievous
I'm going to have to agree, when I look at this I JUST WANT TO TYPE IN ZIP CODES!
(Help someone stop me, I need my meds.)

But seriously, shouldn't we just have D* get the 'Areas' or Zip Codes or whatever and post them so you know if your getting it or not instead of this very silly method.
It just seems crazy to have about 1/3 of the posts here by us Beta testers, talking about something that is really just pointless.

It's kind of like being at the doctors 'Dose it hurt here? Well how about here?'

Could there be any danger by updating users as to their upgrade status, a little transparency would be great.

This whole thing has got me to the point where I'm tempted stop checking this site, just to see how far behind the world I am in updates.
I'm on release FA seems that there is no longer a discussion of the HR20 that I have.

OK - I'll check back when I see that OTA is available on my HR20, Have a Merry Christmas.
:)

·
Legend
129 Posts
Hey, the map show someone in Florida got the 0108 update, is this for real?

Or NOT:(

·
DBSTalk Club Member
72 Posts
SParker said:
Will my todo list still record if I try to force it?
Yes, as long as your next to do item is a half hour or so out from when you force it. There needs to be time for the system to download the update and restart, then the to do list will function just fine. Of cource a reformat instead of a restart will wipe all of your settings including your recording to-do's. But forcing the download does not force a reformat, only a restart.

I've had to reset a lot, so I've tried forcing it quite a few times as well. No problems missing my to do list items.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
My question is as to the ratio of people signed up here compared to the people signed up with DirecTV service? I suspect very little - .00001%:rolleyes: Also, how many people that got the update live in the same spot so they repeat a zip entry...?:contract:

·
Legend
191 Posts
whoever put in their austin,TX area zip, you SUCK. still no update here. cant play w/ our heads like that :)

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
machavez00 said:
I have never been able to"force" an update so I gave up trying.:new_cussi
I was having trouble as well until I hit on the secret: Once the Welcome screen comes up, Press 0-2-4-6-8. Press each button slightly longer than you would for a channel change and pause slightly between each press.

Good luck.:)

·
Legend
228 Posts

·
Legend
228 Posts
Donnie Byrd said:
That states "0x108" but makes no mention of "OTA"
OTA is integral to 108

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Status