DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Software Version 0x10B has been released to folks that forced a download last Friday night. 0x10B may or may not be released this week, but I'm prepping the release watch nonetheless.

This following section no longer applies -- I've updated the page.
If you received the 0x10B release via the NORMAL download process - no Santa-forced downloads, please visit the new distribution map. For any "Earl" type people, you decide yourself what you consider NORMAL and whether or not you want to add your zip code to the map. However, for most of us, if Santa visited last Friday, please resist the temptation.

At the suggestion of kaz you can now add your dot to the map if you received the release candidate from Santa. If you do so, your dot will appear as RED.

Yellow Dots = Did NOT receive the 0x10B release
Black Dots = DID receive the 0x10B release AUTOMATICALLY
Red Dots = DID receive the 0x10B release from SANTA

Everyone appreciates honesty. If your zip code is entered into the system, then it will show a black dot. Please enter your zip code only if you are positive that you have the 0x10B release (not 0xfa).

Check out the 0x10B zipmap

For those interested, you can also check out Previous Distribution maps

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
Say, I entered my zip (89406) and no dot appeared in my area. Actually, there is not dot anywhere in Nevada. Do you need a couple of people from my zip before a dot appears?

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
islesfan said:
Say, I entered my zip (89406) and no dot appeared in my area. Actually, there is not dot anywhere in Nevada. Do you need a couple of people from my zip before a dot appears?
Hit Refresh on your browser

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've updated the distribution page for all of you Release Candidate (Santa) folks. Go ahead and add your zip, check the Release Candidate (Santa) radio button and then click Submit.

Enjoy!

·
Godfather
415 Posts
Hmmm... Added my zip and selected the "Santa" option, but my dot looks black to me.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
911medic said:
Hmmm... Added my zip and selected the "Santa" option, but my dot looks black to me.
I'll see if I can make the colors better .. I need to fix my bosses computer first, though.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
911medic said:
Oh, I forgot one other thing. The Black Dots take precedence over the Red Dots. If someone else actually got it via an automatic update and they added their zip code, then the black dot will show up instead of the red dot.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
islesfan said:
Refreshed twice, still no dot.

So, I just entered it again, and there's the dot...
Third time's a charm.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've updated the color scheme of the distribution map to make the red/black dots more prominent. Let me know if this looks worse to you, I think it is more readable now.

·
Godfather
415 Posts
brott said:
I've updated the color scheme of the distribution map to make the red/black dots more prominent. Let me know if this looks worse to you, I think it is more readable now.
Hey, that looks way better. Before, there was nobody in my area that had it, and after I added mine, it looked black. Now it looks quite red. Thanks!

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
MrBill64 said:
As of 4:44am today, 12/20, I received the update automatically.
I attempted about six times to add my zip code to the map and it never took.

I, too, got the update (in PA) at 4:44am.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll be shutting this latest distribution map down tomorrow morning (PST). If anyone wants to join in the fun, now is the time to do it. I'll post the final map for 0x10B after it is complete .. Now we can wait for the next release. Anyone think Father Time will show up? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.