DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three HR20s. Last night/this morning while I was watching a movie the message asked me to download the newest software. So I did, everything took about 5 minutes are so and I was watching TV again. While it was doing the update for the downstairs tv I went to the bonus room and noticed it was updating also. I didnt check the bedroom because the wifey was sleeping. So after I woke up this morning I went into the bonus room to turn on the TV and all I get is this.

No response. So I reset, and did 02468, same results. Just reset without 02468. Same thing. Now I tried to unplug the HR20 for 10 minutes and I got stuck on this screen.

Now one thing that I DID do is plug in the ethernet cable during the update last night/this morning. I wired my house with CAT6 so I was prepared for things like this, Xbox 360, whatever. Well before the next reset I unplugged the ethernet and hit the reset button. Everything worked fine. I dont have time to test this out but just thought I would let everyone know.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Yes, people have reported that sometimes with the ethernet connected, it hangs on the restart.

Don't know if it is because it is trying to "pull" information from the PC's at that time or what...

·
Legend
231 Posts
What's happening is its likely hanging up on the DHCP (Picking up an IP address from the router) function. Try unplugging the network cable entirely (I don't have this problem but I can see where it is a problem)

·
Godfather
300 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Yes, people have reported that sometimes with the ethernet connected, it hangs on the restart.

Don't know if it is because it is trying to "pull" information from the PC's at that time or what...
If this is true, when the next update occurs, people will now be using the ethernet for music.photos and if many people report the problem then thats the quick answer, unplug your eth cable and reboot.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
flipper2006 said:
If this is true, when the next update occurs, people will now be using the ethernet for music.photos and if many people report the problem then thats the quick answer, unplug your eth cable and reboot.
I had my ethernet cable connected last night when the system rebooted...I did not get new software as I already had 0x10b. Everything proceeded normally for an update. I did NOT have a media connection between the HR20 and my computer. The only thing I've done with my ethernet connection so far is ping it from my laptop, which worked fine.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DHCP should NOT be an issue with a device like this. Come on D*TV. Lets spend a bit more time on QoS...

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
flipper2006 said:
I'll add this to the troubleshooting guide.

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Same issue here with me. I can't get it to restart if I have the ethernet cable plugged in. I guess I'll wait for another update to see if it works then.

David

·
AllStar
80 Posts
I have the same issue -- Have 2 HR20's one updated OK -- the other is in the SAME boat stuck of the 1 of 2 screen. I have NO ETHERNET PLUGGED in.

I have also done a reset and 02468 to get another download.. Still NO FIX.

Boy I am tired of this D* Bull!!!

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
pmayo2002 said:
I have the same issue -- Have 2 HR20's one updated OK -- the other is in the SAME boat stuck of the 1 of 2 screen. I have NO ETHERNET PLUGGED in.

I have also done a reset and 02468 to get another download.. Still NO FIX.
mine as well

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Pull the plug...

Let the system completely shutdown, and wait about 5 minutes.

Power it back up.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
No, it is not isolated... but it may or may not be the software release.

As this is not "new" to 0x10b... we have had reports of this since the release of the HR20.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.