DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Software Version 0x115 has been pre-released, but is not yet nationally release.

If you received the 0x115, please visit the new distribution map and add your zip code to the map. Once it goes national, then the 'black dots' will show the folks that received it through the normal download process.

Black = Received the Update via Automatic Downloaded
Red = Received the Update via Release Candidate (forced) Download
Dark Grey = Have NOT received the Update

Everyone appreciates honesty. If your zip code is entered into the system, then it will show a black dot. Please enter your zip code only if you are positive that you have the 0x115 release (not 0x10b).

Check out the 0x115 zipmap

· Registered
2,158 Posts
I'm the lonely dot on Long Island NY. I'm sure I'll have some friends soon.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vinny said:
Sorry that side of the country is so lopsided on the map. The algorithm pretty much assumes that the earth is flat - which we all know isn't true.

· Registered
2,060 Posts
You're not alone anymore Vinny.

· Legend
180 Posts
37757-Jacksboro, Tennessee

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
elas123 said:
15137 wont post to the map at least i dont see the dot
You might need to press the Shift key while clicking the refresh button. Internet Explorer seems to not update as quickly as it should. 15137 shows as being activated.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Vinny said:
you have a diehard friend in sofl who bleeds pinstripes......:lol:

· Cool Member
22 Posts
98204 - Everett, WA

· Registered
2,158 Posts
jheda said:
you have a diehard friend in sofl who bleeds pinstripes......:lol:
It's always nice to see diehard Yankees fans all over the country. I hope we do it this year.......something like 37 days to pitchers and catchers!!!!

· Legend
129 Posts
Jacksonville, Florida 32225
:icon_bb: Number ONE are the Florida Gator :icon_bb:

:goodjob: Florida !pride

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mikeny said:
I finally got around to adding myself from 11563. Are the dots clickable? With IE 7, nothing happens.
Oh, it's nothing that fancy :)

I generate a simple JPEG file by putting a dark-grey dot at a coordinate for all 40,000 zip codes in the Database. If someone claimed to get the Pre-Release, I then redraw a red dot over top of the dark grey dot. Then come the black dots. Once it's done, the JPEG is output to a file which becomes available immediately for upload.

It's actually a very simple algorithm. Finding the zip code data was a bit tougher. It also helps that I know PHP & MySQL quite well.

· Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
brott said:
Oh, it's nothing that fancy :)

I generate a simple JPEG file by putting a dark-grey dot at a coordinate for all 40,000 zip codes in the Database. If someone claimed to get the Pre-Release, I then redraw a red dot over top of the dark grey dot. Then come the black dots. Once it's done, the JPEG is output to a file which becomes available immediately for upload.

It's actually a very simple algorithm. Finding the zip code data was a bit tougher. It also helps that I know PHP & MySQL quite well.
That's very cool. I guess I was thinking it was a google map page. I didn't realize you put it together.

Thanks for your efforts.

· Cool Member
27 Posts
brott said:
In case anyone from last night wants to add their zip code to the list ...
Done and done....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.