DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my HR20 decided not to record Smallville tonight. WTF? I am so sick of all these problems. I looked at the todo list and it's scheduled for next week.

I haven't had to reset it since Tuesday, so there is NO reason why it should have skipped this showing, and Earl said the guide data for the few hours out are there almost instantaneously.

So what gives? On top of all the other crap this damn thing does, it's just deciding not to record stuff now? SIGH.

I've had it up to here with this fracking thing.

·
Banned
686 Posts
jkc120 said:
So what gives? On top of all the other crap this damn thing does, it's just deciding not to record stuff now? SIGH.

I've had it up to here with this fracking thing.
Hey! Relax! It's only TV! Nobody could reasonably expect the product to be perfect! You should be thankful that they replaced the CRASHING ALL THE TIME bug with the FORGETS TO RECORD THINGS bug! Stop being a complainer!!

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
matto said:
Hey! Relax! It's only TV! Nobody could reasonably expect the product to be perfect! You should be thankful that they replaced the CRASHING ALL THE TIME bug with the FORGETS TO RECORD THINGS bug! Stop being a complainer!!
Ahhh I love sarcasm. Thanks :)

I'm just glad I have a unit THAT WORKS (R10). I'm calling Directv tonight and complaining about this POS. They better do something for me.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
:mad: I have the HR20 and had ER set up to record last night since we were watching the football game. I noticed that the recording light wasn't on about 10 minutes before the show ended. I didn't even bother going to VOD to see if ANY of it was there.

I have had this happen a few times!!!:flaiming

·
Godfather
340 Posts
the-sloth said:
i'm sure that everyone's HR20 has missed a recording somewhere along the way.... i don't think we need a thread for each recording missed.
Oddly enough mine has never missed a recording. :nono: (I know I just jinxed myself) :nono:

·
Legend
171 Posts
So far mine hasn't and you'd all know it if it had as you'd hear my screaming from Maine wherever you are. ;) Just kidding, I have all of my HR20 requested programming mirrored on other receivers, just in case.

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the-sloth said:
my point was that its not necessary to start a new thread every time someone's unit misses a recording... it's happened before and its sure to happen again.
Sorry, but I think it's relevant. I posted it in the 0xDC thread which I guess is a better place for it. If you don't want to read the thread, don't click on it and ignore it.

Frankly, a DVR missing recordings is a MAJOR problem. The damned thing's sole purpose is to RECORD things.

·
Icon
968 Posts
jkc120 said:
Sorry, but I think it's relevant. I posted it in the 0xDC thread which I guess is a better place for it. If you don't want to read the thread, don't click on it and ignore it.

Frankly, a DVR missing recordings is a MAJOR problem. The damned thing's sole purpose is to RECORD things.
i wasn't insisting that your situation wasn't relevant or important.

if every member of DBSforums that owns an HR20 created a new thread for every missed recording or oddity in general, the forum would be cluttered with posts like "how do i turn off the lights", "how do i set up a series link", "my dvr missed a episode of the cosby show", etc... and thats kind of how it is right now. heck, i created a thread yesterday about some odd occurences when recording from the NHL:CI channels (after making sure there were no similar topics floating around that i could chime into) and no more than 4-5 hours after my thread was started, someone created an entirely new thread with almost the same exact title and problem... that doesn't help anyone.

i agree 110% that its a BIG problem when a DVR misses a recording and D* needs to get this stuff worked out ASAP... i just don't see what you hoped to accomplish by posting this... surely you don't think that everyone else is just hippy skippy and you're the only person who has had 0xDC miss/cancel/partial a recording that it was supposed to record.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.