Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a message from DirecTV...

They have been able to recreate the issue you are seeing with the parental control.

On the installation, it will set the limits on systems that never had them before. So you will need to set them back.

However, if you already had set your limits to something and had a parental lock in place... it will not override them.

So for the time being, the work around is to reset them to the settings you want. It will not effect the recordings... it only effects playback.

It has already been corrected and will be part of the next release.

·
Legend
130 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I got a message from DirecTV...

They have been able to recreate the issue you are seeing with the parental control.

On the installation, it will set the limits on systems that never had them before. So you will need to set them back.

However, if you already had set your limits to something and had a parental lock in place... it will not override them.

So for the time being, the work around is to reset them to the settings you want. It will not effect the recordings... it only effects playback.

It has already been corrected and will be part of the next release.
Sounds like an uninitialized-memory bug to me :lol:

·
Mentor
44 Posts
Funny, I just checked my parental controls (don't have the new software upgrade) and see the same parental controls set for me....so it's not something from this software release---of course wherever it's from is moot since D* has fixed it already :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.