Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I figure I'll be the first to comment on 0xEF

Cross-posted from OxEB thread @ 2:35AM Pacific:

Ummmmm..>SURPRISE!

Heading off to bed, but noticed my HR20 was downloading new software. (Already had 0xEB)

"New Software Found (00EF)" "78/000C/00EB/02/0110"

Earl....What's up???

Quick Update:

It turned my NATIVE setting to "off." I re-enabled it.
NATIVE switching seems MUCH faster.
FF/RWD/SKIP seems much smoother.
Seems that the "pink" FFWD box is gone.
No OTA yet.

Headed off to bed. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's experience and Earl's Release Notes tomorrow.

· Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
I guess us "right coasters" are going to have to wait even longer while the "left coasters" beta test for us again ;) Not that I'm complaining because my box it great, so I'd rather not get an update that will screw it up. Thanks California, Washington, and Oregon! :)

· Registered
5,952 Posts
mtnagel said:
I guess us "right coasters" are going to have to wait even longer while the "left coasters" beta test for us again ;) Not that I'm complaining because my box it great, so I'd rather not get an update that will screw it up. Thanks California, Washington, and Oregon! :)
Yes, the nice part, is we could sit and read the "EB" notes, and now may get EF and skip EB altogether. It will be interesting to see if Earl knows if they are going to kick out EF faster than EB (which never made it to Iowa), or if we're in for another couple week wait. Whatever....just so it's an improvement.

· Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
hasan said:
Yes, the nice part, is we could sit and read the "EB" notes, and now may get EF and skip EB altogether. It will be interesting to see if Earl knows if they are going to kick out EF faster than EB (which never made it to Iowa), or if we're in for another couple week wait. Whatever....just so it's an improvement.
Yep. I read the whole EB thread with some apprehension as some were saying they never had any major problems (like me) and were all of the sudden having missed recordings. Now I'm pretty glad we're not getting it since it didn't really seem to fix anything. It's funny because I even turned on the tv this morning (I don't normally) to see if updated to EB last night because several people here were saying it would. I let out a sigh of relief when it was still called MyVOD :)

· Registered
5,952 Posts
D* may have done us a favor by not getting EB to us. Let's see what EF has in store for us, or if it will die a benign death before it gets here like EB did. Talk about "beta testing"!...now we have the "West Coast Division"...it's almost humorous, but I certainly applaud their cautious approach.

· Crivens!
768 Posts
hasan said:
I hope they roll something out to the rest of us soon - my box seems to be deteriorating with 0xE3. I've had to red-reset it 3 times in the last couple of days. And it has become unreliable when it comes to recording: items in the to do list will have the "<" mark that seems to indicate they're currently recording, but they're not (and after their scheduled recording time, they stay in the to do list and have to be manually removed). And the unit has an increasing tendency to "go deaf" (to become completely unresponsive to the remote).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.